Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello All!

I have a problem on my site that I’m building with the white area of the page not extending down far enough to show all content. If you look at http://www.hs.lifestreammedia.com and click on the blog link you will see what I mean. Any suggestions how I can solve this?

Thanks for the help!

ShannonN Friend

archange;10985Hello All!

I have a problem on my site that I’m building with the white area of the page not extending down far enough to show all content. If you look at http://www.hs.lifestreammedia.com and click on the blog link you will see what I mean. Any suggestions how I can solve this?

Thanks for the help!

I see no problem the articles are defined in the admin back end as having ‘read more’ buttons so that the article text is truncated and if you want to read more hit the read more button

If you dont want the article truncated remove teh option th have read more button enabled

Cheers ShannonN

mrgpill Friend

Hi Shannon (and Archange)
    I may be mis-reading it, but I think this is the same (or very similar) problem to the one that I have posted about here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ie7-display-issue/
    Greg

itguy Friend

I may be misunderstanding the problem but I have to agree with ShannonN. The page renders fine for me in IE7 and FF 2.0.0.3. Example News Item 1 and Example News Item 4 both display the read more link. The other articles appear to show the full length.

archange Friend

Thank you all so much for the replies. I know you’re going to think I’m crazy, but the problem seemed to correct itself. I added some modules to the sides of the page and everything seemed to line up OK. That is the only thing I did. At any rate consider the problem solved. Thanks again! 😀

itguy Friend

Glad to hear you found a solution!

repoman Friend

Hi!
    Really felt like I had to add something to this problem. It says SOLVED, but the answer here didn’t solve my problem.
    Had identical problem and it was NOT a IE7 problem. Discovered the same problem on computers with older IE versions. It happend with other browsers as well…

My problem dissapeared when I disabled NEWSFLASH module. Why, I don’t know. I don’t use NEWSFLASH module so no problem for me, but this might still be a problem for others that do.

Just wanted to add this information 🙂

-Repo

tombuhn Friend

Well, this is truly an issue, I have the same problem. The white portion of the template does NOT extended far enough down to show all the text. It’s like it needs another inch or two. I am on IE 7, but in FF and Opera is shows fine. The text and read more button is about an inch below the white content area. I have noticed this not only on my test site but on your demo server.

I though it was just me but after reading this, this is an issue.

Thanks
    Tom

repoman Friend

Have u tried to disable NEWSFLASH module to see if problem goes away?
    This is truly a strage problem. I have read that several ppl have different problems regarding this issue, but all have problems with the white area.

Don’t think this is entierly a IE7 problem. I got this in Opera 9.01 as well. Hopefully some genius will figure this out…soon :p

-Repo

swemmel Friend

I have this problem on my site too. It is a clean Joomla-installation. Only made the frontpage. Issue appears in IE6.

I think it has something to do with the menu-system, because when I hover over the menu the white part extend to the right size and show all text.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

swemmel Friend

I did some investigation on this. 🙂

The problem appears when the content of the page is higher than the height of the left column and when no modules are published in positions user7, user8 and user9. When you hove the mouse over the menu in the left-column the white is appearing and show the whole text.

Their are 2 work-arounds on this problem:
    1. publish enough modules in the left column, so it will be higher than the content of the page.
    2. publish a module in user7, user8 or user9 position.

Kind regards,
    Peter.

aushops Friend

Hi,
    I’m having the same problem.
    If I load the contact page the white area is not high enough.
    But if I move my mouse cursor it goes away
    This problem should be looked into now as there has been a few other people with the same problem

Regards
    Tony

shanefrench Friend

I can confirm the problem, and also the observations made in a previous post about modules in positions User 7, 8 and 9. I have fixed the problem here by just publishing a blank module into User 8 for all pages.

itse Friend

Same Problem with all browser. Any idea? I’m still waiting. Tomorow night I delete this f… template >:(

aushops Friend

Hi,
    I did fix my problem by publishing modules to make the page longer.
    But I have now been using templates from Rockethemes which I have found suite my needs better. But I still will be using Joomlart Templates when the need arises. It’s very handy having more than one template supplier. They both have good & bad points.
    But overall happy with both
    Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Manos Krokos 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum