Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello.
    I’ve installed JACharity quickstart, which is with the 3.6.2 Joomla version.
    When I tried to make the update, the page was broken down. The only way to was to reinstall the website with the previous version of Joomla and do not make the update. Now it is working, but of course this doesn’t fix the problem.
    So, what can I do to update it to 3.6.3?
    Tks.

kernel64 Friend

We have to know more of your environment…. i have been using the charity template with joomla 3.6.3.
    Besides a quickstart is normally only to be used for test and demo…. the see the options of the template. When you want to go into production you will use a plain joomla installation and add JA charity on top of it..
    Turn on ERROR Reporting to Maximum. See if you have errors. What version of PHP are you using ?

campolide Friend

I know what a quickstart is for. I’ve used it exactly as a demo to show to the project’s team how to manage it. So, after install the quickstart I try to upgrade (even before install the donation component), and that was when the site (the demo) broke.
    I’m using php 7.0.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Template is not yet ready for latest Joomla , but i tested template with Joomla.3.6.3 and i am not getting a blank page issue. I suggest you to restore the site to compatible version and then try update on a test skte .
    Check all of your extension are ready for Joomla 3.6.3 ? The blank page issue maybe due to incompatible extension on your site.

campolide Friend

Hello.
    As I wrote

I’ve used it exactly as a demo to show to the project’s team how to manage it. So, after install the quickstart I try to upgrade (even before install the donation component), and that was when the site (the demo) broke.

I did it right after install the quickstart. Before any other extensiob, not even the Donation extension (which is compatible with the template, I presume).

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case you should use Joomla3.6.2 and wait for template and all other extensions update for Joomla 3.6.3 .

Always take backup of site before update Joomla .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum