Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m new here and never used a template before and would appreciate a brief overview or a direction to some info. My questions are:
    1. How do I use Quickstart on Localhost using WAMP server? my first impression is that i create a folder in the www folder on WAMP and extract Quickstart to this new folder ??
    2. Do I then upload the template zip file and extension files as per normal?
    3. What is the difference between Quickstart and the the reguular Joomla 1.5
    4. How do we use the source files?

Thanks

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

1. How do I use Quickstart on Localhost using WAMP server? my first impression is that i create a folder in the www folder on WAMP and extract Quickstart to this new folder ??
    – Yes, you have to create a folder then extract all the files in the quickstart zip file to the folder.

2. Do I then upload the template zip file and extension files as per normal?
    – Once you have installed quickstart, you don’t have to install the template anymore. Quickstart has everything inside.

3. What is the difference between Quickstart and the the reguular Joomla 1.5
    – Quickstart included what you see live demo in Joomlart.com which joomla 1.5 is only joomla system, not Joomlart template.

4. How do we use the source files?
    – You use sourse files when you want to edit, modify the template, the template logos, etc

sugarfoot Friend

Thanks
    I have extracted the zip in the Quickstart folder and set up Joomla. I have deleted the Installation folder and set Zeolite as the default template.

How do I enable Virtumart – I see it in the www/my site/… directory that I created, but it is not in the list of installed components, nor are the slideshow and scrolling modules?

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

If you installed the website via quickstart, everything is done for you. The virtuemart component under component (drop down) menu.

sugarfoot Friend

I have installed via Quickstart, but Virtuemart is not listed in the Component drop down menu as I would expect. It is in the server directory listing

mj1256 Friend

did you run the install program, just unzipping inot the directory is not enough

sugarfoot Friend

Ran the install program AND the sample data and the problem now fixed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sugarfoot 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum