Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hi,

I’m using ja_mero template and also LOCAL folder to override css, fonts etc.. But when I update ja_mero template all my modifications are lost.

I have tested and the following CSS file is not read : root/templates/ja_mero/local/css/custom.css Only this file is read : root/templates/ja_mero/css/custom.css

do you know why?

thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    may i know from which version of template and what are the files that are override,
    Local folder is no comes with template package and does not override as well.
    When you compile LESS to CSS file the css folder will be overridden.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

Hi,

I try to update JA Mero Template from version 1.1.3 to version 1.1.4
    I have tested and the following file is deleted during template update :

root/templates/ja_mero/css/custom.css

About local folder I don’t understand.
    This means even If create this file root/templates/ja_mero/local/css/custom.css, will not work?

For all others template I have created a local folder with CSS subdirectory and the custom.css is correctly overwritten.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    root/templates/ja_mero/css/custom.css
    This file should not be deleted as this file does not come in the template package.
    Custom.css file is used to override the css file.

Local folder css override will work when u have the same file is in the css folder.
    Example: you have template.css in css folder so you can create an override for template.css in the local folder.

But the custom.css file is already an override so it should not be deleted.

I checked the package as well there no custom.css file.

If you want I can perform the update for you on your test site, You can share the site details in Private reply.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

I have done a test and when I update ja_mero template, the following file is deleted : root/templates/ja_mero/css/custom.css

I need to upload it again.

other problem, even If I use local folder to overide CSS, does not work.
    only css files into CSS folder are used, css files into LOCAL fodler are ignored.

You can test on the website, I have updated admin access on first post.
    on admin area, you can go to COMPONENTS -> PROFILES to upload or modify files.

thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I Do not understand what do you mean by COMPONENTS > MY PROFILE.
    I checked your site and there is no code in custom.css file http://prntscr.com/ihlzjj
    After rollback as well : http://prntscr.com/ihlzzl
    Also in the local folder, you have same empty custom.css file. Add any other file like template.css to create an override in local folder.
    Layout files are already from local folder : http://prntscr.com/ihm0cf

Regards

toonetcreation Friend
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    There was bug in version1.1.3 that is fixed, that comes with custom.css file in css folder.
    So you need to add the file in the local folder and add it again in the css folder.

In the last version custom.css file was created, so we removed the changes in this version.

you will not face this issue again as its a fix in this version.

Regards

toonetcreation Friend

Ok perfect, I will test it during next template update and I come back to you if necessary.

thanks again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  toonetcreation 6 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum