Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

On my dev site I was working to finalize various module positions and when I post any content in the positions content-mast-top, mast-top, or content-mast-bottom they are outward indented to the far left of the page. I did activate the off canvas position and assigned a module to it.
    See it at https://www.staging.ufcinc.com/Product-Videos/ABBYY/

Does not appear that way on my quickstart site I used to help me get it all working.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Hill, Digital Marketing Manager
    User Friendly Consulting, Inc.
    1401 Kings Highway, Winona Lake, IN 46590

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

May I know how it looks in your quickstart site? some screenshots will be helpful here.

And also share the credentials of your site so I will take a look.

Regards

jimhill10 Friend

From what I see on the quickstart this appears to be by design because that module is set to use the full width of the screen. I will send private credentials.

The quickstart (which looks fantastic by the way) shows it this way: quickstart t3-content-tabs and content-mast-bottom positons

The top portion of this image is the t3-content-tabs position using the JACM module. The image just below that is in the content-mast-bottom and this is the one I am having the issue with the outdent. It really appears that this is by design because it uses the full width.

To fix things I am doing this. On my home page I have three featured articles. What I am going to do is move these to a JACM Tabs module in the t3-content-tabs position. That will make it much more pretty. Then if necessary I can just code the module display into the articles (Rsform or NoNumber modules anywhere).

It does beg the question how to just load a module right below the Joomla content though without having to resort to coding it in the module. We have both Tags and JV Related articles which does add related article links below the content but this is coded into the Joomla content itself, not a module (although it can be done that way too).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  jimhill10.

jimhill10 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

Saguaros Moderator

If I got your point correctly, you want to put the module (RSForm) into content-mast-bottom position but want it not display in fullwidth as it now, right?

To not have to customize this position, you can create a new bock with a new position instead. Here are steps:

• Download & unzip attached file and copy it to the directory: [root]/templates/ja_company/tpls/blocks/
    • Open the file: [root]/templates/ja_company/templateDetails.xml and add a new position: t3-content-bottom

<position>t3-content-bottom</position>
    • Load this new block into default layout by going to the file: [root]/templates/ja_company/tpls/default.php

Add this line:

<?php $this->loadBlock('content-bottom') ?>

to underneath the mainbody block (or place you want): http://prntscr.com/frrre8

You then will have a new block loaded below the main content part, you can assign your RsForm module to ‘t3-content-bottom’ position, it will show there.

jimhill10 Friend

I got it all working thanks to your excellent directions. There was one glitch, the content-bottom.php file had two typos in it, should have been this way:

<div class="section-wrap t3-content-bottom<?php $this->_c('content-bottom') ?>"> <div class="container"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('content-bottom') ?>" />

and not "t3-content-bottom" on those two lines. I saw that before I copied that file in so it worked right off.

I greatly appreciate your help on this.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  jimhill10. Reason: Added more detail

Saguaros Moderator

You’re welcome!!!

jimhill10 Friend

For the purposes of permalinking, and so I have it when I inevitably need to add another module position using the T3 framework, here is the corrected PHP file for the root/JA_template folder/tpls/blocks:

content-bottom.zip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jimhill10 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum