Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I added the images/ folder to Amazon S3 – that worked great.

However the template folder has bunch of images as well. Can I add them to the updates as well?

If I turn the cron on, will it update only the images I’ve added or all images again?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@hellekim 199050 wrote:</em><blockquote>I added the images/ folder to Amazon S3 – that worked great.

However the template folder has bunch of images as well. Can I add them to the updates as well?

If I turn the cron on, will it update only the images I’ve added or all images again?</blockquote>

You would not be able to cover the template folder for the bucket, as that would be another bucket and the plugin can support one bucket only, which you have set for images/ folder.

I will confirm on the cron job, but by default it should sync the new files only. No sense in uploading all files to S3 again and again.

Besides, i am glad it worked for you.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@hellekim 199050 wrote:</em><blockquote>I added the images/ folder to Amazon S3 – that worked great.

If I turn the cron on, will it update only the images I’ve added or all images again?</blockquote>

Hi there,

We had been thinking about the issue and we are almost there. It is possible to add all the folders to the s3 and it will take over from there.

for now, you can try uploading the complete site root to the s3 and it will work. Though if you are using T3 V2 based template then you would need to disable the optimization for the css and js, so as to load the css images (template image folder).

New version coming out would be able to cover it all. I shall inform you of the same.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

We have restored the support for Amazon Cloudfront service now. You can check the same on our live site. The feature will be available in the coming up version.

regards

Arvind

fixyourtech Friend

I am also interested in having /media and /templates/ja_norite/images in addition to /images using amazon cloudfront

Thanks in Advance

-Zach

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Zach,

The component doesnot support multiple buckets. you can confirm the same in the plugin settings. So either, its the whole site or just any one parent folder.

For example, you want to upload only xxx folder under /media << you should put the path to parent folder ” media ” .

Here is an example setting for uploading the whole site to amazon s3 and then using cloudfront for it.

Also look at this screenshot ;

REMEMBER : You can use only one of the above buckets for the plugin to act.

I think i will need to make a new userguide. The video gone old now, lot has changed after it was made.

Regards

Arvind

fixyourtech Friend

it would be great if there would be a way to exclude folders when doing the whole public_html

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

We are trying to get that working. Hope to get you some good news…. It ain’t easy…. lets see

Regards

Arvind

Falco Friend

i’d like to try this, what do you think about ?

– move the image folder of the template onto the /images/ folder
    – put a soft link on the template directory that’s point to the image folder that’s was moved onto the /images/ folder

in this case the image file of the template result on the S3 storage or not ?

thanks

Emiliano

sorry for my bad english, i hope you have understand my question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Falco 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum