Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Three days ago I was posting at joomla.org forum the following virus warning:

Surfing around I entered the site studentsdesign.de.
    Pay attention! The redirect file go.html (pointing to JoomlaMarket) contains a Trojan Downloader!
    The only Antivirus that intercepts it is AVG.

This virus has been identified as a JS/Downloader.Agent. It’s a Trojan Horse that downloads malicious files from Web sites and executes them. The heuristic was not set, it was simply intercepted and recognized as an infection.
    The first time I entered the page I was redirected to JoomlaMarket.de, then to StudentsDesign.de. The agent was on both redirections. I did a search on whois.de but the owner of the domain is hidden.
    Later I tried to login again (always at joomla.org forum): after a few minutes my IP was attacked by a process that was taking full control of my computer, so that I had to force the shutdown. It created a bunch of files in my Temporary Internet Folder. AVG was identifying some of them as potentially dangerous but was not able to delete them. I could delete the temporary files only restarting the computer in safe mode.
    AVG intercepted it as a JS/Psyme virus, coming from an external site: vertuslkj.com/check.
    As supposed and posted in joomla.org forum, the origin of this attack is in Germany. Please note the fake Admin-C email address and telephone number (just a sequence of 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9).

Registration Service Provided By: VIVIDS MEDIA GMBH
    Domain Name: VERTUSLKJ.COM
    Registrant:
    N/A
    John Kembler (sflgjlkj45@yahoo.com)
    1234 Donal Road
    Eustis
    US
    Tel. +001.234567898
    Creation Date: 21-Nov-2007
    Expiration Date: 21-Nov-2008
    Domain servers in listed order:
    ns1.crewsins.com
    ns2.crewsins.com
    ns1.findserdrt.com
    ns2.findserdrt.com
    Administrative Contact:
    N/A
    1234 Donal Road
    Eustis
    US
    Tel. +001.234567898
    Technical Contact:
    N/A
    1234 Donal Road
    Eustis
    US
    Tel. +001.234567898
    Billing Contact:
    N/A
    1234 Donal Road
    Eustis
    US
    Tel. +001.234567898

P.S.: I didn’t and don’t have any kind of problems remaining connected for weeks and visiting hundreds of other sites.

1. psyme
    2. virusreport
    MediaWorks Friend

I spoke with a Joomla.org administrator. There was a problem with Psyme virus at joomla.org, as you can read at http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,245506.0.html (that links back to my posts).
    The fact that Psyme was acting in a very similar way as the JS/Downloader.Agent at StudentsDesign.de made me think that there was the same hand behind this virus, also because, as you can read, one of the origins of this Psyme virus is phisically in Germany.
    Anyway there is no conflict with Joomla.org staff, everything has been cleared.

Michael Casha Friend

Thanks for the update MediaWorks. I would also like to mention that JoomlArt, nor any of it’s services, were affected by this issue.

MediaWorks Friend

It seems that the problem could be with some Google Ads randomly visualized at studentsdesign.de and joomla.org forum, as referred at:
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,22959118-5014111,00.html
    Now the problem should have been solved by Google (after having caused worldwide problems to users and webmasters).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MediaWorks 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum