Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hi all,
    I apologize for this partial OT, but I’m preparing to try the next Joomla 1.6.
    If I’m not wrong it doesn’t support more “Sections”, so I wonder if we could still continue to use Teline III and how to convert our databases with no more “sections”…

Any help?

Thanks a lot!

salvo

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I am fraid that the policy is JoomlArt will immediately upgrade all our Joomla templates to Joomla 1.6 as soon as it is released as stable version. Thus, the teline III works well with v1.5.15 and we are not sure whether it has any problem with the beta 1.6 as we have not tested with that version yet. I do think that we’d better wait till it is stable as you are not sure how it will change within next few times to keep up with.

Otherwise, kindly try out this extension http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migration-a-conversion/joomla-migration/11658 to convert to joomla .16

salvomic Friend

<em>@tienhc 196277 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I am fraid that the policy is JoomlArt will immediately upgrade all our Joomla templates to Joomla 1.6 as soon as it is released as stable version. Thus, the teline III works well with v1.5.15 and we are not sure whether it has any problem with the beta 1.6 as we have not tested with that version yet. I do think that we’d better wait till it is stable as you are not sure how it will change within next few times to keep up with.

Otherwise, kindly try out this extension http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migration-a-conversion/joomla-migration/11658 to convert to joomla .16</blockquote>

hi tienhc,
    sure, I’ll wait till the stable version.
    I would mostly understand how we’ll do change our database entries if they are no more “sections” but only categories.
    i.e., for now I’ve a few sections, each with some categories (many), and it’s a bit onerous to change them all at once.
    I hope we shan’t have any problem, when Joomla 1.6 stable will be released, to switch from Teline III.

Thanks for info
    have a nice day!

salvo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  salvomic 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum