Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

What do I have to do to remove word “HOME” from home menu and to leave only the home icon ?

khoand Friend

Hi, You login backend >Menus > Main menu > Home > Parameters(JA Extended). Set Additional class is homemenu.
    You add this code into /templates/ja_social/css/menu/mega.css

.homemenu span.menu-title{visibility: hidden;}

TomC Moderator

<em>@khoand 246257 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, You login backend >Menus > Main menu > Home > Parameters(JA Extended). Set Additional class is homemenu.
    You add this code into /templates/ja_social/css/menu/mega.css

</blockquote>

Hey khoand . . . . this is a great (potential) solution, however . . .

When I applied this fix to my template (in my case JA-Methys), the “Home” menu item did disappear (I am not utilizing an icon), but remaining is the space where the “Home” text was. How might I make it so the “home” menu item doesn’t need to display AT ALL (be it via text or icon)?

Is this even possible, or must there ALWAYS be a “home” item on the main menu? If so, I wonder if I can designate a link in the footer as the “home” default – with the same settings for my current home page. That way, I could utilize additional “real estate” in my main navigation menu for other items, but there is still a “home” link designating and displaying.

Would that work?

EDIT:
    The answer to my question above is a resounding YES !!! 😀

The only things you need to make sure you do is assign all of the appropriate modules to the new location of “Home,” as well as make sure that the menu parameters are identical to your previous “Home” default item.

adnanpirota Friend

Thanx for suggestion khoand but the size of the menu item home remains the same only that word is not visible while I would like to have something similira to home menu item in JA Teline IV where only icon for home represent the menu …

TomC Moderator

<em>@adnanpirota 246293 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanx for suggestion khoand but the size of the menu item home remains the same only that word is not visible while I would like to have something similira to home menu item in JA Teline IV where only icon for home represent the menu …</blockquote>
    That’s exactly what I experienced when I tried knoand’s method – the same size open blank space where the word “home” used to be.

In MY case, I didn’t want anything remaining for “home” – be it a word or icon. So, as I described above, I created a “Home” item for the menu assigned to the footer and assigned THAT as the default home page. From there, I simply made sure to reassign all the home page modules to the new “home” item.

In YOUR case, I wonder if you can add some css parameters to khoand’s suggestion – reducing the width of the remaining space. Worth a trial-and-error shot, I suppose.

khoand Friend

You find this code from /templates/ja_social/css/menu/mega.css

with

.homemenu span.menu-title{
    visibility: hidden;
    width:5px;}

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega .has-image {
    background-position: left top;
    padding-left: 20px;
    }

with

.ja-megamenu ul.level0 li.mega .has-image {
    background-position: left top;
    padding-left: 12px;
    }

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  khoand 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum