Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have just installed latest available version of “One page” quickstart with Joomla 3.1.1 – but when I go to the site, I can only see template “Protostar”.
    Under template manager I can see templates listed “Beez3”, “Ja_onepage” and “Protostar”
    When I go to styles, I have option to select Beez3 – Default or “My Default Style (Protostar)” for “site”.
    But I cannot select any style for Ja_onepage template.

I would expect for quickstart installation that all is set and template Ja_onepage is used but the page is using “Protostar” and no option to switch to onepage !
    When I select template and then Ja_onepage and ThemeMagic, there are options to select themes from dropdown list that are “default, metro, modern,retro and solid.
    When I select one, it is erroring !

When I try to save, I do get message: Unexpected error. Please refresh the page try again later.

But this does not help at all.

That means for me the whole JA onepage quickstart cannot be used at all !

What can be the reason, because otherwise the whole Joomla installation with template and data examples worked fine without any errors.

1. 2013-05-16_2128
    pavit Moderator

Hi

Just installed onepage quickstart version on my localhost and it works as expected

Check your environment configuration – Php version and mysql

1. onepage31-Administration-System-Information
    2. onepage31-Administration-Template-Manager-Styles
    mberwing Friend

Hello,

I have started again from scratch and have deleted file system and created new DB – and still the same.
    I do not have the styles listed from JA Onepage !
    My environment is fully supported for Joomla. We have MySQL Release 5.5.29-0ubuntu0.12.04.2 and PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.6.

I have used the link http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3253 for OnePage quickstart installation.
    All Joomla required parameters were green and no issue with installation.

I have no glue what the issue is and why the complete JA One page styles are missing.

Even when I use the standard template package and install it on top via Extension manager it is not solving my issue.

mberwing Friend

As you can see from last update, the issue is reproducible every time with fresh installation and quickstart option.
    I have now changed the approach and have downloaded myself Joomla 3.1.1 from Joomla page and installed it and then I have installed separately the JA Onepage template.
    And this is working fine as I can now see the style (default) but not the other three styles

But when I go to the template and use “ThemeMagic” I have same issue when I try to select another style from drop-down and try to save it it is failing.

So something is not good in general – with quickstart it is not working at all and with standard installation it works at least with default style ….and as mentioned I have a supported Linux system with up-to-date MySQL and PHP.

pavit Moderator

Hi

Just downloaded again the quickstart package and installed again on my localhost and again everything worked fine

Modified characteristics from thememagic and correctly saved my changes

Don’t know what else to suggest you, other than check again configuration for your hosting space.

mberwing Friend

I will check the same installation method with another Joomlart Template in quickstart modus for Joomla 3.1.1 and with JA OnePage but with Joomla 2.5.x and will compare results.
    Will let you know.

nick mortensen Friend

I had the same issue. Reinstalled the installation folder and switched my option to use the full set of sample data and it was fine. The problem confounded me greatly for about 20 minutes. I can’t believe the fix was in the sample data I chose. You may want to update the brochure and other version of the sample data so this issue isn’t prolonged.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nick mortensen 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum