Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    How can i make “sticky on scroll” to some modules position to sidebar 2

Please help…!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

You can post your site’s URL here and tell me the module you want it sticky

qolby Friend

Please, i’m still working on localhost, kindly help me explain how to achieve it here

Saguaros Moderator

Basically, you will need to add css style to keep the position of that module in a fixed position. Just like the way I suggested in this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/sticky-header-2/#post-575291

But pls notice that the element will be different – that’s why I asked for the URL of your site first to give exact suggestion.

qolby Friend

Ok my site is faceramadan.com so I would like to apply it to both sidebars but pls what I actually want is to stick on scroll I.e the sidebars modules will stick when it reaches the top or header when scrolling the page

And pls how can I make the header to stick permanently presently it only sticks when scrolling the page back up but does not sticks when scrolling the page down kindly advise on what to do about this aswell

God bless you

TomC Moderator

<em>@qolby 486810 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok my site is faceramadan.com</blockquote>

Your site requires login information to view :((

qolby Friend

Use softlog as use name and 123456 as pass word pls I just add more message to my previous reply kindly check also
    Thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@qolby 486810 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok my site is faceramadan.com so I would like to apply it to both sidebars but pls what I actually want is to stick on scroll I.e the sidebars modules will stick when it reaches the top or header when scrolling the page

</blockquote>

Where, in/on your site, are there elements published to the sidebar position(s)?

qolby Friend

the positions are as follow
    Sidebar 2
    js_side_frontpage_top
    js_side_frontpage_bottom
    js_side_frontpage

Thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@qolby 486827 wrote:</em><blockquote>the positions are as follow
    Sidebar 2
    js_side_frontpage_top
    js_side_frontpage_bottom
    js_side_frontpage

Thanks</blockquote>

Are these published on your home page – or some other page(s) within your site?

qolby Friend

<em>@TomC 486828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are these published on your home page – or some other page(s) within your site?</blockquote>

they are published on home and some other pages but they are not published on landing page menu as you can see

thanks

Saguaros Moderator

This will require customisation on CSS and JS code. You can try with my tweak below:
    – Go to file: root/templates/ja_social_ii/tpls/blocks/mainbody/one-sidebar-right.php

– Look for this code:

<!-- SIDEBAR RIGHT -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-right col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-md-3 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar']) ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR RIGHT -->

change it to:

<!-- SIDEBAR RIGHT -->
    <div id="t3-sidebar" class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-right col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-md-3 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar']) ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR RIGHT -->

– At the end of this file, add following code:

<script src="http://stickyjs.com/jquery.sticky.js"></script>
    <script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    jQuery("#t3-sidebar").sticky({topSpacing:0});
    });
    </script>

– Go to file: root/templates/ja_social_ii/css/custom.css (create this file if it doesn’t exist)

add this css rule:

div#t3-sidebar-sticky-wrapper .t3-sidebar {
    right: 30px;
    }

qolby Friend

<em>@Saguaros 486885 wrote:</em><blockquote>This will require customisation on CSS and JS code. You can try with my tweak below:
    – Go to file: root/templates/ja_social_ii/tpls/blocks/mainbody/one-sidebar-right.php

– Look for this code:

<!-- SIDEBAR RIGHT -->
    <div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-right col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-md-3 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar']) ?>">
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR RIGHT -->

change it to:

<!-- SIDEBAR RIGHT -->
    <div id="t3-sidebar" class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-right col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-md-3 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar']) ?>">
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR RIGHT -->

<script>
    });
    </script>

– Go to file: root/templates/ja_social_ii/css/custom.css (create this file if it doesn’t exist)

add this css rule:

}

</blockquote>

I tried as you told but does not work!

qolby Friend

<em>@Saguaros 486885 wrote:</em><blockquote>This will require customisation on CSS and JS code. You can try with my tweak below:

– Look for this code:

<!-- SIDEBAR RIGHT -->
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR RIGHT -->

change it to:

<!-- SIDEBAR RIGHT -->
    </div>
    <!-- //SIDEBAR RIGHT -->

<script>
    });
    </script>

add this css rule:

}

</blockquote>

I tried as you told but does not work!

qolby Friend

i tried as you told but does not work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum