Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Where do I configure the Bulletin (or Joomla) to show the last news? At the moment I only get “oldies” (one or two days old) even having newer articles.

gray Friend

1. Try cleaning Joomla cache and JA T3 Framework plugin cache. Disable caching of the module (advance tab. of JA Bulletin module parameter).

2. Check one thing – have been those “old” articles modified recently? The module by default uses “modified” field for sorting/selecting newest articles.

teutobahiano Friend

Hi gray,

All caches cleaned. All articles were imported by Feedgator without modification, at the moment there are 13 articles newer than the one published in the Bulletin. Where do I find the modification date field (Joomla 1.6)?

gray Friend

<em>@teutobahiano 251047 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi gray,

All caches cleaned. All articles were imported by Feedgator without modification, at the moment there are 13 articles newer than the one published in the Bulletin. Where do I find the modification date field (Joomla 1.6)?</blockquote>

If an article was modified you’ll see modification date in publication parameters tab, below the start/end publication inputboxes.

In my case I added a hack to bulletin module to range articles by creation date. If needed, I can share my hacked version.

teutobahiano Friend

Hi gray,

After having read your post I had another look at my frontpage and, you won’t believe, everything was in the right place! That means that the bulletins really were showing the latest articles. At the moment I have only one explanation: As I installed a lot of test subdominions in the last days I ran out of disk space. Early in the morning I deleted some huge backup files. Is there any link between the two facts?

gray Friend

Not sure. Most probably “old” info was stored on server cache or on browser cache.
    In any case, the problem seems to be resolved. That’s good! 🙂

teutobahiano Friend

Hi gray,

it is neither the diskspace nor the cache, it is the JA News configuration. When I opened the frontpage with Firefox it was configured for Linear Layout showing “old” news while the same page opened with Internet Explorer was showing the content correctly in the Default Layout. To get the latest news in the Linear View too the ‘Articles Sorted By’ parameter has to be changed from ‘order’ to ‘date’. That’s all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  teutobahiano 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum