Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ok, guys I think I am used to haveing the positions layed out for me with other templates.

On the Magazine layout. I see the position component and above that message both say Auto. There is a list in the module positons of dozens of names How do I go about using say position 1 above component?

I am trying to add a new position

I tried to read over the docs but it just lost me.

D…

Any help is really appreciate.

Ps. I think the main problem is that I am Dyslexic so massive amounts of text is a problem for me.
    D.

1. maincontent
    daigalean Friend

Ok, I am reading over the t3 adding a block and what is in the documentation and what is in the files here are totally different. Now I see why I am not understanding why the documentation is not so easy to follow.
    I am following this http://t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-layout-system#add-position

This is in the /httpdocs/templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks directory using the mainbody.php file as a clone.
    Example: This is what they say to use.

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('your_module_position_name') ?>" />

what you guys have here.

<?php

/**
    * Mainbody 3 columns, content in center: sidebar1 - content - sidebar2
    */

// positions configuration
    $sidebar1 = 'sidebar-1';
    $sidebar2 = 'sidebar-2';

$sidebar1 = $this->countModules($sidebar1) ? $sidebar1 : false;
    $sidebar2 = $this->countModules($sidebar2) ? $sidebar2 : false;

// detect layout
    if ($sidebar1 && $sidebar2) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/two-sidebar', array('sidebar1' => $sidebar1, 'sidebar2' => $sidebar2));
    } elseif ($sidebar1) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/one-sidebar-left', array('sidebar' => $sidebar1));
    } elseif ($sidebar2) {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/one-sidebar-right', array('sidebar' => $sidebar2));
    } else {
    $this->loadBlock('mainbody/no-sidebar');
    }

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you wish to add new position into JA Purity III template, you need to know about T3 framework plugin. You can refer to these tutorials and videos to get familiar with our T3 framework.

To add new position to Purity III – Magazine layout, you can try steps below:

Open templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/mainbody/one-sidebar-right.php file,

Change

<?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="message" />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type="component" />

To

<?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="message" />
    <?php endif ?>
    <?php if ($this->countModules('your_module_position_name')): ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('your_module_position_name') ?>" style="raw" />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type="component" />

Hope that helps.

TomC Moderator

There’s also the JAT3 USER GUIDE/DOCUMENTATION

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum