Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Folks, my site id often down,d espite I tried make it easier as much as I can.

new domain, very small visitors, and site is down very often. Is there anything I can do … or I have to change template?

1. down
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

This is probably due to a server misconfiguration, do you have access to the error log files ?

nedzad grebovic Friend

I can ask it if this can help!

Or I can provide you hosting acces folks.

Manos Moderator

I suggest you ask your host first and then we can try and help you here in our forums, but that’s usually a server side issue. *(error 500 )

eagledk Friend

Try to disable JS and CSS compression in the template setup.

I have just had and extension that loaded 100% cpu and alot of memory (1Gb+), when I had that enablet, and that gave me a Internal server error.
    Else try GZIP in global configuration.

Manos Moderator

<em>@eagledk 462434 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try to disable JS and CSS compression in the template setup.

I have just had and extension that loaded 100% cpu and alot of memory (1Gb+), when I had that enablet, and that gave me a Internal server error.
    Else try GZIP in global configuration.</blockquote>

That’s because your server doesn’t support GZIP

nedzad grebovic Friend

I do not know why, but site is now much much faster. In fact so fast that this topic is unneccessary now!

nedzad grebovic Friend

My Hosting answer me that I can turn on logs of error at server from my Cp?!

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you tell us what was the change you made to your site ? If it was the GZIP issue then you had the same problem as @eagledk

nedzad grebovic Friend

I touch nothing mate. In fact I just change the name httacces.txt into .httaccess or what is its name.
    And I asked from hosting provider to chek if it is something uo to them.

They did not answer anything, but my site now looks very smoth!

nedzad grebovic Friend

Hm, now I have same problem. Site is never loading. 🙁

I am thinking of abandon this template!

Manos Moderator

<em>@nedzad72 462565 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hm, now I have same problem. Site is never loading. 🙁 I am thinking of abandon this template!</blockquote> I suggest to check with your host mate… that’s not a template causing the problem.

eagledk Friend

<em>@pascm 462450 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s because your server doesn’t support GZIP</blockquote>

No, but I suspect that JS and CSS in combination with the GZIP gives some kind of problem like the compresstion option in the template.
    But I must say that I’m not sure.
    And normally,when I have seen errors with GZIP, it gives another error than Internal server error, and as I remember it I have seen this once.

nedzad grebovic Friend

again

1. problem
    eagledk Friend

<em>@nedzad72 462872 wrote:</em><blockquote>

again</blockquote>

First:

Have you done as I suggested previus?

Disable the two options in template configuration “Optimize CSS and JS”?

Go to:
    ExtensionsTemplate manager

Click on one of the Teline V template’s like “ja_teline_v – Standard Home ”
    Click on “General”
    Set the two options to “Off”

Second:

Go to:
    SystemSystem information
    Click on “PHP information”
    Search for this string: display_errors
    If the “Local Value” is set to Off
    Try to get your hosting company helping you to set the folowing values in php:
    display_errors = On
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT

Then set the following:
    Go to System global configuration
    Set “Debug System” to yes

Click on “Server”
    Set “Error Reporting” to Maximum

Then you should get a more detailed error next time.
    When this happen, post the error here.
    (Above willonly work if the error reporting in IIS is set to display detailed error messages and not display message for local)

Third:

Try to Disable “Gzip Page Compression”
    Go to System global configuration

Click on “Server”
    Set “Gzip Page Compression” to off

Four:
    Disable 3rd party extensions one by one
    Do you use Ark Editor/ Media manager? Then upgrade to latest version(s)

Fifth:
    Try to get your hosting Company to help changing PHP version and increase memory.

For your info, I don’t think that it will help you change template, it is more likely that it is a extension that uses alot of memory, or a misconfiguration like too little memory, Something set on the server conflicting with what is needed for your site, etc.

Regards

Morten

1. optimize
    2. debug
    3. reporting
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum