Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving!

I really like the look of the Mendozite template demo off line page. I’d like to have something similar, so my offline page would show a short write up about the website, and have a newsletter sign-up module on it.

The only problem is, I don’t know how to do it.

In the template demo, the off line page is menu based- which I know how to do, etc. but when a site is off line the menus, etc. don’t show.

C/Would someone point me in the right direction show I could an offline page with a short write up and a couple of modules.

Thanks,

Vineyardseashell

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hello,

You want to make the page like this ? : http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_mendozite/bonus-page/offline-page.html. Just for better clarification, please include screenshot and your site URL here for further investigation.

vineyardseashell Friend

Hi Ninja Lead,

Yes, I would like to have a similar page. Almost identical i.e.) 2.5 paragraphs of text around the admin login; In the side bar I’d like to have a newsletter sign up module and perhaps a custom website/community stats module. Something not too crowded.

My desktop is down until I can find my original keyboard to repair Windows, so I don’t have access to all my software. I can PM you the site info if you need to take a look.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Vineyardseashell

Ninja Lead Moderator

I just make offline-page on your site, please check it again.

vineyardseashell Friend

Thank you Ninja Lead that is what I was looking for and I can change the module out 🙂

This will sound like a stupid question, but how do you get this page to show when the site is offline? Or, do I completely misunderstand what the offline page is?

Thanks again,

Vineyardseashell

mwebdirect Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 347724 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just make offline-page on your site, please check it again.</blockquote>

Hello Ninja Lead,

I am configuring a website with JA Argo template. I want to setup the offline page with :
    1. Login Window
    2. Any 1 or two Modules Like survey/ Poll and newsletter signup
    3. Some Text on the page

Can you guide me how should I do this.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@mwebdirect: I would like to clarify that for heavy customization, you should hire a developer to carry out such work, customization support is out of JA support scope. But if you are developer you can do with my solution below will help you to make offline page

1) Login Window: You can have look at userguide about JA Login form for reference here

2) The survey form: You can use 3rd party AcePolls and here you are the userguide

3) Some Text: You can user Custom HTML module to do that

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum