Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hmmm, new problem I have just discovered after having updated T3 & JA Mero (in my case with Joomla 3.2, but this is more a LESS or CSS problem of framework and/or template) :

The off-canvas menu, which was black by default (standard of JA Mero, whatever the style applied) now takes the background color of the website.
    To be more precise : it takes the background colour of the chosen theme for the primary menu items but is still OK for all submenus.

Let’s take an example for illustration : with the “Light” theme, we have white menus on white background… Not very readable 🙂

To see by yourself, see the screenshot hereafter, taken from the Joomlart Demo website itself (with other words, it is *not* a problem of my own personalization. It is a problem for every single user of this template, and probably of some other templates by the way).

Txs for telling me in the short run how I can fix this “bug”… and txs for including the fix in the next release of T3 (and/or templates).

Yours,

Marc

http://joomla-templates.joomlart.com/ja_mero/index.php/en/explore/2013-02-01-08-52-29/light-color

1. 2013-11-29_22h29_15
    woluweb Friend

I came up with the question for me… and now with the answers for the community 🙂

Would you guys of Joomlart would be so kind to let it correct by the developers for next release of Template ?

Txs

So here we go, but don’t forget to recompile LESS to CSS after having made these changes (beware, if you made your personal changes directly in CSS files, don’t recompile, just find the corresponding CSS file to apply the solution).

problem

see above : after updates T3 & JA Mero, background colour of off canvas menu takes general background colour, causing a problem with light background colours

cause

/templates/ja_mero/less/off-canvas.less used to be

#off-canvas-nav {
    .t3-mainnav {
    background: #000;
    }

but has now become with latest JA Mero update

#off-canvas-nav {
    .t3-mainnav {
    background: @bodyBackground;
    }

Solution

make correction in /templates/ja_mero/less/off-canvas.less for example like this :

#off-canvas-nav {
    .t3-mainnav {
    background: @black;
    }

——————————————————

By the way, the updates of T3 & JA Mero also had other side effects, like making the dropdown menus narrower (which was a problem for my site), namely 160px.

Workaround is the following : add in /templates/ja_mero/less/themes/lesswoluweb/template.less the following code to override the default T3 width (which is by the way defined in /plugins/system/t3/base/bootstrap/less/dropdowns.less)

.dropdown-menu {
    min-width: 200px;
    }

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for sharing, I will report this to team 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum