Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

I couldn’t agree more. Thanks a lot for considering for those didn’t use K2. JoomlArt did wonderful design and layout without K2 nor EasyBlog.

Cheers!
    Joseph

<em>@phill luckhurst 392950 wrote:</em><blockquote>What annoyed me most was that because of K2 the core Joomla layouts were often neglected. All the template clubs that used K2 were guilty of that. It was amazing how many templates out there that were designed with no custom Category Blog layout because of K2 for instance which was a right royal pain for those that didn’t want to use K2. It was good for Joomla 1.5 but looking forward far less so.</blockquote>

Richard A Friend

I agree, but now EasyBlog is the default blog choice the Joomlart modules need to allow EasyBlog category and tags to be selected (as well as Joomla) in the same way the K2 option has been available for so long, otherwise the EasyBlog content cannot be displayed anywhere on a Joomlart template with Joomlart modules – which seems crazy.

I know the original plan was to include the option in the August template and it is still a work in progress, just wanted to keep it fresh in the mind.

aardcom Friend

I understand that many users do not like K2 but it has been a part of every template for the past couple years. It was also in the demo of this template when originally posted. To take it out for release without any prior announcement is disappointing. I agree with some earlier comments that this template is almost too simple and will require way too much scrolling when it comes to looking for content especially on a mobile device. This is a WordPress template for Joomla not the responsive Teline quality template that many were asking for. Good but not great. Three tabs on the horizontal main nav…. seriously, this is a demo.

VisiGod Friend

K2 is much more than blogging. And EasyBlog is well… worst than com_content 🙂

Phill Moderator

<em>@aardcom 393552 wrote:</em><blockquote>I understand that many users do not like K2 but it has been a part of every template for the past couple years. It was also in the demo of this template when originally posted. To take it out for release without any prior announcement is disappointing.</blockquote> I beg to differ but the last template from JA with K2 specific styling was back in June with JA Smashboard. Since then EasyBlog has been the choice of JA. I have not seen any demo of this months template with K2 support.

aardcom Friend

Not really the point Phil, but I could be wrong re K2. I do see this has been somewhat simplified since the demo which is disappointing. We’ve been waiting a long time for a responsive template along the lines of Teline and this being promoted as a Magazine template is somewhat misleading. JABlog would be a more appropriate name for this.

That said I will give it a try and see if there are advantages over K2, but the demo certainly does not indicate there is.

Phill Moderator

It is always a difficult balancing act when designing templates. If you go too simple people wonder what they are paying for exactly though having said that designing a clean and simple template is actually a complicated and time consuming task to get right. On the opposite end you can go for over designed template which look nice in a demo but for the user are a real dog to customise. That is something I see very often with some template clubs. My preference is clean and simple as it allows me to put my own twist on it and not end up with one of a thousand sites all looking exactly the same.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum