Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am new to web development and all that it entails. I am building website advertising platform and found that current web builders did not suit me well.

Currently hosted with 1&1 with joomla application. I am new to coding (learning as I go W3 school) and through some research I have found "frameworks" can assist.

I have figured out how to upload files from directories. Now I am receiving the following error "Error
    There was an error uploading this file to the server.
    Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
    Unable to find install package"

Through more research it need to either ask my host to increase this limit or find and edit my php.ini or .htaccess files. Again I am new to this so I have not been able to find those exact files and hesitant to add an files to the default packages.

My first attempt was the T3 Package v2.6. But received the above message. I was able to upload T3 Blank Template v2.2.3, but need the plugin as well and that is my current hang up. I am not sure if my file configurations are different from what they should be. Most seemed to be zipped and the T3 blank template was uploaded as is (zipped) with no issues.

In this case, I might need a remedial step my step. I am a pretty quick learner as Im somewhat of a serial hobbyist.

From my time in the salt water hobby always good to list equipment:
    Host: 1&1
    CMS: Joomla
    File Manager: Filezilla
    additionally: Wamp (all additional application), Wampserver (localhost is working, but cannot not view downloaded packages)

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

May I know which file of T3 Blank template did you upload and face that error?

If you’re trying to upload quickstart package of this T3 Blank template (which will include sample data and your site will look like demo site), it will be nearly 19Mb. Some hosts limit the number of file size upload to their servers and in this case, the maximum upload file size on your host is smaller than the file size you upload and that error appears. You should contact your host for help on this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum