Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

i get the folowing error on xhtml How can i solve that?

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    Below are the results of checking this document for XML well-formedness and validity.

Error Line 334 column 31: document type does not allow element “div” here; missing one of “object”, “applet”, “map”, “iframe”, “button”, “ins”, “del” start-tag.
    <div style=”text-align: center”>The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you’ve placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you’ve forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as “<p>” or “<table>”) inside an inline element (such as “<a>”, “<span>”, or “<font>”).

Error Line 437 column 67: document type does not allow element “div” here; missing one of “object”, “applet”, “map”, “iframe”, “button”, “ins”, “del” start-tag.
    … #ffffff”><div class=”jw_slidetitle” ><div class=”jw_st_left” ><div class=”jw✉

Error Line 437 column 175: document type does not allow element “div” here; missing one of “object”, “applet”, “map”, “iframe”, “button”, “ins”, “del” start-tag.
    …div></div></div><div class=”jw_slide”><div> </span>✉

Error Line 437 column 188: end tag for “div” omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
    …iv><div class=”jw_slide”><div> </span>You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to “self-close” an element, that is, ending it with “/>” instead of “>”.

Info Line 437 column 176: start tag was here.
    …iv></div></div><div class=”jw_slide”><div> </span>Error Line 437 column 188: end tag for “div” omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
    …iv><div class=”jw_slide”><div> </span>✉

Info Line 437 column 154: start tag was here.
    …>Contact Infomartie</div></div></div><div class=”jw_slide”><div> </span>Error Line 475 column 16: end tag for “span” omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
    </script> </div></div> </span>✉

Info Line 455 column 0: start tag was here.
    <span style=”background-color: #ffffff”>E-mail: Error Line 475 column 16: end tag for “p” omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
    </script> </div></div> </span>✉

Info Line 454 column 0: start tag was here.
    <p align=”center”>Error Line 475 column 30: end tag for element “span” which is not open.
    </script> </div></div> </span>The Validator found an end tag for the above element, but that element is not currently open. This is often caused by a leftover end tag from an element that was removed during editing, or by an implicitly closed element (if you have an error related to an element being used where it is not allowed, this is almost certainly the case). In the latter case this error will disappear as soon as you fix the original problem.

If this error occured in a script section of your document, you should probably read this FAQ entry.

Error Line 476 column 3: end tag for element “p” which is not open.
    </p>✉

Error Line 541 column 86: document type does not allow element “link” here.
    …om/css/acajoom.css” type=”text/css” />The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements — such as a “style” element in the “body” section instead of inside “head” — or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML’s rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML’s “self-closing” tags for “meta” and “link” in the “head” section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the “head” section and the beginning of the “body” section (where “link” and “meta” are not allowed; hence the reported error).

Error Line 563 column 112: document type does not allow element “link” here.
    …om/css/acajoom.css” type=”text/css” /><form action=”http://easy2backup.nl/ind✉

Error Line 659 column 5: end tag for element “div” which is not open.
    </div>✉

Error Line 685 column 5: end tag for element “div” which is not open.
    </div>

Michael Casha Friend

Have you got a live url for us to look at?

harmls Friend
    Michael Casha Friend

It looks to me like issues which are being caused by AcoJoom.

harmls Friend

have removed acojoom problem stil exist….

Michael Casha Friend

Is the module still enabled?

Khanh Le Moderator

The error seems come from your Google ads module.

harmls Friend

have removed it… problem stil exist….

ErikThorsen Friend

There are also issues with your jw_slide and there are some issues on the “contact us” part of your site ( according to the error messages.

For your information, it is virtually impossible to have this validate if you are using any components and modules which is not “standard”.. Just my opinion. I have long ago stopped trying to get sites to validate. If you add content and add a <hr> tag, this would not validate either. So just adding plain content can “break” validation easily. but yes, of course it is a good idea to keep it as validated as possible and there are ways of getting everything to validate.

solsikkehaven Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 10832 wrote:</em><blockquote>There are also issues with your jw_slide and there are some issues on the “contact us” part of your site ( according to the error messages.

For your information, it is virtually impossible to have this validate if you are using any components and modules which is not “standard”.. Just my opinion. I have long ago stopped trying to get sites to validate. If you add content and add a <hr> tag, this would not validate either. So just adding plain content can “break” validation easily. but yes, of course it is a good idea to keep it as validated as possible and there are ways of getting everything to validate.</blockquote>

I think that was IS important is that the site validates (out-of-box) = standard install + template install. then you can add anything, as long as it doesn’t break the layout. I test in IE7 + Firefox and if all is OK, I can sleep well at night 🙂

and I agree with Erik -> it’s almost impossible to have 100% validation throughout the site with all content, modules, plugins etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  solsikkehaven 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum