Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I had enable the param “modified date and time” from parameters component, however i could not see this shows up from front-end. The code i am copying here:

<?php if ( intval($this->article->modified) !=0 && $this->params->get(‘show_modify_date’)) : ?>
    <span class=”modifydate”>
    <?php JText::sprintf(‘LAST_UPDATED2’, $this->escape(JHTML::_(‘date’, $this->article->modified, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC2’)))); ?>
    </span>
    <?php endif; ?>

is just working for blog content, it does not work for article content

Please advise me how to fix this
    Thanks so much!

chavan Friend

If the Article is associated with the Menu, Then Please check the Menu parameters.

Also check each the particular article parameters option.

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon

doananh Friend

Hi Chavan,

I had turn on those parameters from both article and menu parameter setting. This below link can give you more clue as i had quick setup from quickstart demo DB, please look at “Test” menu name

http://joomweb.com/ja_ores_0117
    admin: user:admin/pass:123456

Thanks

doananh Friend

Hi,

Anybody could help me?

Thanks

chavan Friend

The url is not working http://joomweb.com/ja_ores_0117. Please provide us the right one

doananh Friend

Hi Chavan,

Sorry for the link as i would make site quickly. Please follow this link to check: http://brandingdesign.com.vn/site/

Thanks for your help!

doananh Friend

Hi Chavan,

Have you found any bugs related to this issue yet?

Thanks

chavan Friend

This site is not showing up again http://brandingdesign.com.vn/site/.

doananh Friend

Strange! it works fine for me
    Ok…i will take screenshots instead. please wait a moment

doananh Friend

Here are they:
    – screenshot1.jpg: the article shows but does not have “last update” field information
    – screenshot2_menu.jpg: parameters that i setup for menu
    – screenshot3_article.jpg: parameters that i setup for the article

You could reproduce this issue easily by installing quickstart and try to configure to show last update field for articles only

Thanks

1. screenshot1
    2. screenshot2_menu
    3. screenshot3_article
    doananh Friend

is it difficult to reproduce the issue? i posted this question almost 1 week but not see any positive feedback.

himangi Friend

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I could not access you joomla file from FTP or Cpanel access. Everywhere I am getting “Wrong username or password” error. So I am giving few instructions here, following which you will be able to display the last Modified date before the Created Date in Article view.

Go to FTP, and open templates/ja_ores/html/com_content/article/default_default.php
    On around line no. 59 you will find the code which displays created date. you need to paste <blockquote><?php if ( intval($this->article->modified) !=0 && $this->params->get(‘show_modify_date’)) : ?>
    <span class=”modifydate”>
    <?php echo JText::sprintf(‘LAST_UPDATED2’, $this->escape(JHTML::_(‘date’, $this->article->modified, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC2’)))); ?>
    </span>
    <?php endif; ?></blockquote> above or below the created date display code, as you want.

from line no. 48 you will see code <blockquote>if (
    ($this->params->get(‘show_create_date’)) || ($this->params->get(‘show_modify_date’))
    || (($this->params->get(‘show_author’)) ….</blockquote> etc

Add || ($this->params->get(‘show_modify_date’)) after ($this->params->get(‘show_create_date’)) and let the remaining conditions as they are.

Save the file and check if you can see last modified date on your article pages.

If you want show the last modified date on a blog layout or on frontpage blog layout, then you will need the same changes as explained above in emplates/ja_ores/html/com_content/article/default_blog.php or templates/ja_ores/html/com_content/frontpage/default_item.php respectively.

doananh Friend

Hi himangi,

Thanks for your instruction. I found in the origin code it missing “echo” at the line no 149, my template version is 1.1.6 (<?php echo JText::sprintf(‘LAST_UPDATED2’, $this->escape(JHTML::_(‘date’, $this->article->modified, JText::_(‘DATE_FORMAT_LC2’)))); ?>

I made modification base on your advice and it works successfully

Again, thank you!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  doananh 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum