Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

After waiting more than 24 Hrs for my template to be installed JA AVIAN II, in which case, there was a weekend in between, and it’s understandable, they have to rest, now I see that my Template doesn’t have the Registration and Forgot Password link on top, like on the demo. So then, why does Joomlart says one thing, and do another. This is very misleading to the customer and unethical. I’ve decided in the future to look for another provider of Templates, shame on you Joomlart, with this type of customer service………:((

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@luke2125 66498 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

After waiting more than 24 Hrs for my template to be installed JA AVIAN II, in which case, there was a weekend in between, and it’s understandable, they have to rest, now I see that my Template doesn’t have the Registration and Forgot Password link on top, like on the demo. So then, why does Joomlart says one thing, and do another. This is very misleading to the customer and unethical. I’ve decided in the future to look for another provider of Templates, shame on you Joomlart, with this type of customer service………:((</blockquote>

Hi Luke,

Have you tried installing it yourself, using the QuickStart Kit? If you want to become a hands on webmaster, you have to know the basics, including the installation.

Joomla is the easiest program I have ever installed. With the QuickStart kit, it takes me 5 minutes tops to install a Joomla 1.0x and about 7-12 minutes for the Joomla1.5x-JoomlArt template QuickStart kit.

You pay $40 for Joomlart for that? I can get rich just doing that, if there is a demand. But, you are doing yourself a disservice

And there are a few tutorials here as well as in Joomla, to follow.

You will be installing more than one site, including what is called “mirror site” by Joomla, so that you can try any modification before you try it in your working site.

When I first started here in early August 2007, it was very frustrating too. It took me five days because there was a fatal flaw in the Joomla 1.0x. Most of the time was spent finding what is causing the problem. Once that was solved, I have installed so many Joomla 1.0x-JA Teline (original) so that it was routine by the 3rd.

But, to go back to your issue:

1. First, why don’t you give a link to your site? and the version of the Joomla.
    2. Second, you have to find out if the registration/login is a module. If it is, check in the Modules manager, and see if it is published or not.

Personally, I do not use the default registration/login. I use Community Builder because it provides a more secure registration. No one can enter the site, unless I approve the registration. In fact, I disable it and rely on the CB registration login.

As you can see, if it is a module, it may just be a matter of publishing it.

Cornelio

luke2125 Friend

Hi Cornelio,

Yes, you have point that I should go ahead and install it, but I paid for a service, and it wasn’t done correctly. And this is the point that I’m trying to make, if I pay for a service to be done, I expect it to be finish it and complete. When you go to my site:

http://www.yourvacationtube.com

You will see that the registration / forgot password is not showing, and if you compare this to what the installation says, and what it shows on the demo, you will see such module showing.

Want a Joomla Site exactly the same as on our demo server?

If you look at the JA AVIAN II Demo, you will see such module or component show(Register, Forgot Pass). This is why I paid $40.00….Not half a job, and I will take care of the rest…..I’m currently working on another site: http://www.xfilestube.com and this is why I ask the installation, to at least save some time…….

It’s about customer service………..That’s all I’m asking for…..Thanks Cornelio and God Bless You…..

anisjolly Friend

Hi Luke

If you’ve not yet got the problem sorted, you’re more than welcome to pm the admin deets and I’d be more than happy to take a look. I’m pretty sure it’s probably going to be a module that’s not been assigned a position.

Anis

Sherlock Friend

Hi luke2125
    Plx check your email

luke2125 Friend

Hi,

Did you received my e-mail…..Thanks…..

Sherlock Friend

HI luke2125
    Do you need anything more ?
    Can i close this topic ?

Michael Casha Friend

I am marking this topic as solved, please send me an email if you need this reopened.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum