Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    i had to update our logo and it went from horizontal to circular. i didn’t want to put at the very top because moved the main area down too low. i put in a module… but don’t think that it looks very nice. maybe it would look better with no highlighting, but i still get a think gray border at the top.

anyway. if anyone has any suggestions, i would love to hear them. thank you.

http://www.ssmsonline.org/

mfcphil Friend

This is kind of like putting a square peg in a round hole…..a couple of ideas put in in the main body and allign it right….put it in the right side and set the title to no show.

Other things you need to be aware of are the view in IE 8

Correct this by adding the correct compatability code

1. Untitled-2
    mfcphil Friend

For the IE8 fix go to your index php file and find the following

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    .clearfix {display: inline-block;}
    </style>
    <!–>

and change to:

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    .clearfix {display: block;}
    </style>
    <!–>

nefar Friend

I think the placement in the block looks fine. However, I would work on making the logo itself more clear or at least do some work on the text to make it “snap”. It seems a little out of focus to me and doesn’t stand out very well.

TomC Moderator

I think it’s coming along nicely . . . a little more color with photos and/or graphics, perhaps, to balance out the red-to-white ratio.
    All in all, however, I think you’re doing a good job and it’s looking very “scholastic.”

Keep up the good work !!

ellie_t Friend

Hi, and thanks for the extra tip. i just thought of something, but don’t know how.

i think it might look good to put directly under the main menu and the just have the menu items below.

is this possible?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear ellie_t,

Edenite has been a favourite of mine for quite some time, have developed many sites on it. Sending you PM with list of such sites. Your site looks better than most of my edenite sites. Bit more of content on the front page and you would be even.

Good work and have fun.

Arvind

fabrian Friend

Personally, I think you should have the school name in the header and just shrink the logo to fit and put it in the slogan area. It really doesn’t have to be that large IMO.

TomC Moderator

fabrian;147229Personally, I think you should have the school name in the header and just shrink the logo to fit and put it in the slogan area. It really doesn’t have to be that large IMO.

Agreed . . . the site definitely needs a header logo.
    Also, you should consider putting the site search box within the header section too.

ellie_t Friend

thank you!! i am going to the school today to take some new photos. of course it will take me a while to get them out on the site. i love this template and the school seems proud of their site.

ellie_t Friend

i will. i don’t think it worked correctly for me when i modified the site a couple of years ago, or perhaps..most likely pilot error. now the site has so much more content… i am going to do that, thanks.

e

mfcphil Friend

If you are thinking of putting in a larger Logo in the header….

Read this post…

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/header-graphic-size/

Hope you fing it usful 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum