Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I cannot and have not been able to use JA Builder with any of the JoomlArt templates. No matter what I do, if I select one of the other templates as the default, the pages will not publish/save.

I have added the following code to the customer CSS for all pages as was detailed in your instructions.
    .com_jabuilder .t3-mainbody {
    width: 100%;
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    }

.com_jabuilder .t3-content {
    padding: 0;
    }

However, this does nothing. JA Builder will NOT publish if I try to use it with any of the templates.

What’s going on?

The website I’m trying this on is the development site of the domain I left in the instructions. It has directory privacy on it, so I can’t leave the instructions here about how to access it.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you share the login info so I can check for you?

kimbare Friend

I have finally been able to get JA Builder pages to publish or save when using them with other templates by JoomlArt. HOWEVER, all is not OK. The menu covers up ever one of the top headers on every single page. Also, none of the headers or items on the page go all the way across, pictures are falling outside of the page boundaries, and there are many other issues.

I will send you a superadmin ID and password, but it will only be good for 3 days.

kimbare Friend

Also, the footer is WAYYYYY too big. How do I make it smaller? It wastes a lot of space around it – especially on tablets and phones. This is so annoying. We should have to write code to get templates to display properly.

kimbare Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Your site requires another login: http://prntscr.com/gk2ccs

kimbare Friend

JA Builder is no longer on the site. As the product is right now, it is unusable. I cannot have a site where updates to the production site also update development and vice versa, the menus don’t work, etc.

You should not be selling JA Builder right now for the following reasons (and there are more but this is all I have time to write at this point)

1. Anyone who is a serious website (or any other computer system) designer or developer will always have a minimum of one development site in addition to the production site. No one in their right mind will want changes to development to also update production. That goes against the whole point of having a development site.
    2. Your product is way too slow – you should never make calls to your own server every time we save a page.
    3. Your response to help requests is also WAYYYY too slow. I have rebuilt the entire site in Quix while waiting for you to respond.
    4. The fact that changes to my development site also changed the prod site tells me you are keeping copies of our pages on your server, and that really upsets me.

Your whole JA Builder product needs to be re-architected, redesigned, and redeveloped. It is not ready for use by anyone who develops websites, and it has wasted weeks of my time. I will not even consider using JA Builder again until it is a different product.

Therefore, you can close this topic. It is NOT resolved, it is just not relevant since I have uninstalled the JA Builder product on all of my clients’ sites.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kimbare 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum