Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am very competent with Joomla 1.5 and have just installed a fresh copy of Joomla 2.5. I have also been testing with the JoomaArt demo for this template and i found the following modules do not work or show up in JoomlaArt Demo site for Elactica Template

banner, breadcrumbs, hornav, left mega2 right syndicate top top-panel user1 user2 user3 user4 user5 user6 user7 user8 user9 user10 user11 user12 archiveload, articlescategoriesload, articlescategoryload articlespopularload, breadcrumbsload, customload, feeddisplayload, languageswitcherload, loginload, menuload, newsflashload, randomimageload, relateditemsload, sitemapload, social, statisticsload, syndicateload, userslatestload, vimeo, wrapperload,

I have also installed a fresh copy of the template only version on my Joomla 2.5 and the following modules do not work

atomic-bottomleft, atomic-bottommiddle, atomic-search, atomic-sidebar, atomic-topmenu, atomic-topquote, banner, breadcrumbs, debug, footer, hornav, languageswitcherload, left, mega1, mega2, position-0, position-1, position-10, position-11, position-12, position-2, position-4, position-9, right, search, sitemapload, syndicate, syndicateload, top, top-panel, user1, user10, user11, user2, user3,

ONLY position-5 and position-7 work, everything else does not work.

I am a club member, i understand this is a free template, but why was it not created properly? What is the point of having a template if it does not work? Is it because it is free so none of the modules work? Remember i tested this on the JoomlaArt Demo site and also my own site.

I spent over 2 hours trying to figure this out.

Why?

swissa Friend

It’s a Responsive Template and as such (and as pointed out on the Elastica wiki) <blockquote>JA Elastica Template is developed in T3 Framework V1.6 but it does not use default module position of T3 Framework, the module positions are re-defined…………………..there will be 3 enabled positions that modules can be assigned to display in front-end (position-5, position-7 and extra-col). The extra-col position is only enabled in extra-wide layout.</blockquote>

Does that help explain? 🙂

kayz Friend

So except the wide position only positions 5 and 7 work?

Then why do i see in the demo other positions are being used? position-4, archiveload etc even though they don’t work? Also why does it provide the ability to use other module positions when i select a position? It should instead just provide positons 5 and 7.

swissa Friend

<em>@kayz 300086 wrote:</em><blockquote>So except the wide position only positions 5 and 7 work?

Then why do i see in the demo other positions are being used? position-4, archiveload etc even though they don’t work? Also why does it provide the ability to use other module positions when i select a position? It should instead just provide positons 5 and 7.</blockquote>

Sorry mate, I don’t programme them. I just use ’em.

<em>@kayz 300086 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I spent over 2 hours trying to figure this out.

Why?

</blockquote>

Just thought I’d help in pointing you to the user manual (first place I always go to check stuff) as you’ve already wasted two hours and before you waste any more.

kayz Friend

<em>@swissa 300089 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry mate, I don’t programme them. I just use ’em.

Just thought I’d help in pointing you to the user manual (first place I always go to check stuff) as you’ve already wasted two hours and before you waste any more.</blockquote>

This template is actually very confusing. I tried what you suggested positions 5 and 7 seem to make their own minds up as to which side they want to appear in. But thanks for your help, i think it does sum up a lot.

swissa Friend

<em>@kayz 300090 wrote:</em><blockquote> positions 5 and 7 seem to make their own minds up as to which side they want to appear in. But thanks for your help, i think it does sum up a lot.</blockquote>

I don’t work here either. 😀

And, I think you really are misunderstanding the template.

The WHOLE POINT of the template is that the modules DO all move around as you resize the window. That’s why it is called a “Responsive Template”. It’s what makes it so different. Resize the browser window and watch it do it’s stuff.

kayz Friend

<em>@swissa 300092 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t work here either. 😀

And, I think you really are misunderstanding the template.

The WHOLE POINT of the template is that the modules DO all move around as you resize the window. That’s why it is called a “Responsive Template”. It’s what makes it so different. Resize the browser window and watch it do it’s stuff.</blockquote>

Oh good lord!!! Now i see the why its flipping like this!! Arrrr! I wasted an entire day trying to work around this and then playing with the modules wondering why it dosent work!

This is the most confusing template JA has ever created seriously!!! It’s a shame its like this, i like the design but not the ‘elastic’ as there are no similar designs out there.

Sigh.. the only thing this template is missing now is some elastic sound effects to help confused people like me!

My hunt goes on to find another template now! Ar!

swissa Friend

:laugh:

Feel free to click on Thanks.

If you want to replicate the look without the masonry effects why not just use a blank T3 template with lots of custom html modules and css padding?

kayz Friend

<em>@swissa 300096 wrote:</em><blockquote>:laugh:

Feel free to click on Thanks.

If you want to replicate the look without the masonry effects why not just use a blank T3 template with lots of custom html modules and css padding?</blockquote>

That is a good though actually.. good thought!

dontregartha Friend

Kayz – I’m a long time JA template fan and I must admit at first I found this template confusing.

But when you stop worrying about mod positions and let the autoflow work it out, then you’ll discover what an insanely great idea this is.

Perhaps you’re not ready for it yet, but the critical consideration is not the mod position, but rather the module ORDER. If something s important to the user, stick it further up the order and you’ll find the autoflow will sort it out remarkably well.

On a mobile, you can’t really see left and right columns.

In fact that would get in the way of legibility and usability.

to be able to scroll through all the content up and down on mobile, yet see the same content spread beautifully across a wide screen is awesome.

Let go and enjoy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dontregartha 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum