Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I have a non-profit website that im starting to build and cannot find in the members area where to add this site? I know i must leave the design by in place. Any help really appreciated 🙂

Also just to confirm this website is a voluntary non-profit swimming club, ran by the parents and covers ages from 5yrs and over. Does this site comply as being able to use my account and use a template as free non-profit.

Thanks

EDIT: Yeah as mfcphil describes it below….

mfcphil Friend

Just to make it clear what pixalated need to know

In his members area where he adds his domain licences.
    There is no place to add a non profit entry.
    If he adds it to the normal place he will lose one of his commercial only allowed entries.

What should he do

pixelated Friend

I have pm’ed admin yesterday and still no joy, i’ll give it a few more days and hopefully i get a reply!

pixelated Friend

Still no reply! Two weeks have passed since i asked for help, where are the admins. Do they not read this area of the forum and also still no reply to my pm to the top man….

Good job I’m not in a hurry here but its beginning to make me want to shout from the rooftops 😮

Please reply admins, thank you….

bennitos Friend

Having the same problem here, wont stop me working on it and bringing it live tho.

They cant blame me if simply CANT add them legally like it should.:confused:

Hung Dinh Friend

We are sorry that non-profit domains are no longer offered on JoomlArt. For the templates you already used for non-profit organizations, they are still effective under your membership on JoomlArt. However, you are not allowed to add new non-profit domains.

bennitos Friend

Excuse me????

The useage of non-profit domains is the no1 reason i joined this club.

Im running a project who designs websites for free for small charity projects, who dont have the funds to get a decent looking website themselfs. Im not earning a single penny for doing so. Before i started this project i e-mailed joomlart and you told me i could use unlimited non-profit domains for my project if i joined here.

Those where the conditions when i joined, my subscibtion with the user terms i agreed on should still be valid and i didnt agree or see any new user terms.

JA cant just change all the conditions for current members who already have a membership and joined with DIFFERENT CONDITIONS!

bennitos Friend

Quote of the e-mail:

“Thank you for contacting JoomlArt.

We highly appreciate your kindly plan on building websites for charity purpose. We do wish to make contribution to your efforts towards community.

However, due to the increasing number of request for free template which causes us difficulties in domain and technical support management, we are afraid that you are required to register membership on JATC. With a subscription on JATC, you could use our templates unlimited for non-profit and charity websites.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that may cause to you. Please feel free to contact us if we are of any further assistance.”

pixelated Friend

My email:

<blockquote>Dear Craig,

Thank you for contacting JoomlArt.

We are terribly sorry for late support.

Regarding non-profit domain, we would like to clarify that non-profit domains are no longer offered on JoomlArt. For the templates you already used for non-profit organizations, they are still effective under your membership on JoomlArt. However, you are not allowed to add new non-profit domains.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help.

Sincerely,
    Phuong Nguyen

JoomlArt Customer Service</blockquote>

When i signed up 11th September 08 it stated unlimited non-profit domains. Oh also if you complain here in the forum they just wipe the thread saying it needed cleaning up for going off topic!. Example, the copyright removal link to cleaned thread!

I paid for this service so do i get a refund back for them terminating that part the template club package. I won’t hold my breath!!!!!

bennitos Friend

Same here, i wont stop until they offer a decent sollution or a decent compensation.

TBH this are the things that make JA look bad, they cant just change all kinda things when they have member who have joined for that reason. Im starting to get the idea that they just try to get ppl in here with false promises.

And well in the months i been here i been constantly active here in the forums to help ppl out, wich only does JA good……… but when i once ask them something they simply dont respond.

scotty Friend

What if only those templates issued before the change in policy were allowed to be used for NP sites? Would this be an acceptable change? Or maybe a special NP discount license?

I can’t really see it as being unfair that Joomlart do not support unlimited non profit domains but if that is what the policy was when people signed up then that is what it should stay for those people. Joomlart, according to their own figures, made $95,000 in October, surely they can give a little back in the form of unlimited non-profit domains, no?

bennitos Friend

<em>@scotty 89024 wrote:</em><blockquote>What if only those templates issued before the change in policy were allowed to be used for NP sites? Would this be an acceptable change? Or maybe a special NP discount license?

I can’t really see it as being unfair that Joomlart do not support unlimited non profit domains but if that is what the policy was when people signed up then that is what it should stay for those people. Joomlart, according to their own figures, made $95,000 in October, surely they can give a little back in the form of unlimited non-profit domains, no?</blockquote>

I would like to see that they do it the same as they did when they decided to change from 2 templates a month to 1. They set a data a year in advance so that all the current members would have 2 templates for one year, after that year most subscribtions would have expired or renewed with the new policy.

They are doing the same with the copyright removal, the members who already had a subscribtion before they changed the copyright policy still can remove until their subscribtion runs out. The members that joined after that date have to pay extra for it as thats what they signed up for.

And in my eyes they should do the same with the non-profit domains, i cant blame joomlart changing this for future members but myself and others with me joined when they stated that we can have unlimited non-profit domains, i had extra mail contact to insure that non-profit sites would be free and they told me that they would be, and thats the reason i joined.

VisiGod Friend

This kind of behavior puts the very bad taste of oriental mentality.

Michael Casha Friend

I will PM you all personally to explain this in detail.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum