Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I am doing something wrong i think but can’t figure out what.

I created the webfolder with the 1.0.13 joomla files then copied in the quickstart package files and ran the install. This all went swimmingly.

In the administration section under installed components it is showing com_virtuemart however in the web folder itself there is no components com_virtuemart and hence i’m getting lots of file not found errors in front end. :((

Can anyone tell me what step i missed?

Thanks
    Kiwidesign

ErikThorsen Friend

Haven’t tried this install yet but can you doublecheck that you have all files from the zipfile uploaded to the server? ( just to make sure you don’t have an issue with some files not being uploaded? Are all files/folders identical on the server as on your computer ( if you unzip on your computer ) Just an idea…

john6555 Friend

There is a problem with the Quickstart.
    I am doing an install on localhost. I do the Quickstart install, but when I look for the Virtuemart or any of the provided modules in the admin section, they are not present. But when I try to install any of them, I receive the error that they already exist.
    All I did was download the Quickstart, unzip the entire file to my directory and install Joomla. I did not choose to install sample data during install.
    It seems that Joomlart released this template before thoroughly bug-testing??
    Please fix this issue as soon as possible… thank you.

kallan Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 25372 wrote:</em><blockquote>Haven’t tried this install yet but can you doublecheck that you have all files from the zipfile uploaded to the server? ( just to make sure you don’t have an issue with some files not being uploaded? Are all files/folders identical on the server as on your computer ( if you unzip on your computer ) Just an idea…</blockquote>

Yip have double checked – They are the same and definately no component com_virtuemart.

Cheers

john6555 Friend

I downloaded the Quickstart package again and reinstalled. This time I did populate the site with the sample content and the installation went smoothly. Everything appears to be okay for now.

vincenzonardone Friend

so how come when i try and do that i get this….?

SQL=Data truncated for column ‘bank_account_type’ at row 1 SQL=–
    n– Dumping data for table `jos_vm_order_user_info`
    n–
    n
    nINSERT INTO `jos_vm_order_user_info` (`order_info_id`, `order_id`, `user_id`, `address_type`, `address_type_name`, `company`, `title`, `last_name`, `first_name`, `middle_name`, `phone_1`, `phone_2`, `fax`, `address_1`, `address_2`, `city`, `state`, `country`, `zip`, `user_email`, `extra_field_1`, `extra_field_2`, `extra_field_3`, `extra_field_4`, `extra_field_5`, `bank_account_nr`, `bank_name`, `bank_sort_code`, `bank_iban`, `bank_account_holder`, `bank_account_type`) VALUES (1, 1, 67, ‘BT’, ‘-default-‘, ‘joom’, ‘Mr.’, ‘cuong’, ‘vu’, ‘quang’, ‘0912580018’, ”, ”, ‘118 pho hue’, ”, ‘hanoi’, ”, ‘VNM’, ‘084’, ‘cuongvq@joomlancers.com’, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”):
    – – – – – – – – – –

— Dumping data for table `#__vm_order_user_info`

INSERT INTO `#__vm_order_user_info` (`order_info_id`, `order_id`, `user_id`, `address_type`, `address_type_name`, `company`, `title`, `last_name`, `first_name`, `middle_name`, `phone_1`, `phone_2`, `fax`, `address_1`, `address_2`, `city`, `state`, `country`, `zip`, `user_email`, `extra_field_1`, `extra_field_2`, `extra_field_3`, `extra_field_4`, `extra_field_5`, `bank_account_nr`, `bank_name`, `bank_sort_code`, `bank_iban`, `bank_account_holder`, `bank_account_type`) VALUES (1, 1, 67, ‘BT’, ‘-default-‘, ‘joom’, ‘Mr.’, ‘cuong’, ‘vu’, ‘quang’, ‘0912580018’, ”, ”, ‘118 pho hue’, ”, ‘hanoi’, ”, ‘VNM’, ‘084’, ‘cuongvq@joomlancers.com’, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”, ”)

IF THERE WAS A USER GUIDE IT WOULD MAKE IT A LOT EASIER FOR ALL OF US
    = = = = = = = = = =

gegit Friend

<em>@john6555 25375 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is a problem with the Quickstart.
    I am doing an install on localhost. I do the Quickstart install, but when I look for the Virtuemart or any of the provided modules in the admin section, they are not present. But when I try to install any of them, I receive the error that they already exist.
    All I did was download the Quickstart, unzip the entire file to my directory and install Joomla. I did not choose to install sample data during install.
    It seems that Joomlart released this template before thoroughly bug-testing??
    Please fix this issue as soon as possible… thank you.</blockquote>

Seems to be the same problem I’m having. I did have this template installed previously when I installed it manually but I had problems with modules not lining up how they were supposed to and other various issues. I then reinstalled using the quickstart and the appearance (frontend) was perfect aside from a little tweak on the slider but the links all gave me 404 errors except for the Joomla! and Joomlart website related links.

gegit Friend

Ok… this is becoming a real big issue for me. Anyone got an answer? Is it possible that I will have to reinstall VirtueMart seperately?

kallan Friend

Mine is the same question – what steps is it best to take to add in the virtuemart component – given that in the administration section it thinks the component is there so the db tables are set up. Its just the folder thats missing.

Cheers

gegit Friend

I just went over my components and modules to verify I have everthing that is required for Virtuemart to work correctly and everthing checked out. I have the com_virtuemart but I’m still experiencing the 404 “page not found error”.

Michael Casha Friend
    gegit Friend

I’m confident that my installation was correct. Here is my site: http://www.gegit.net maybe you’ll see something within the links that doesn’t seem right. I’m nearing a total wipe and reinstall moment.

Michael Casha Friend

Ahhh nice, thanks for that. Make sure you have the .htaccess file there, and rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess!

gegit Friend

I have both… .htaccess and htaccess.txt

gegit Friend

You got it working it seems. My .htaccess file was empty so I replaced it with the renamed htaccess.txt file and so far so good. Many many thanks for your help. Would not have figured that one out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  webssolutions 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum