Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi there!

I’m using Joomla 1.5.11 (I will update tomorrow to 1.5.13).
    I’ve seen that there is a problem when an article’s title contain some special character like
    à

Here is an example:

Look at the menu title. There is no problem. In the title of the article shown on the page there’s no last letter (the one with special charcater).

How can it be fix?

SP Media Friend

It’s the font itself – it doesn’t have the á character. I think during conversion, special characters weren’t included. Best bet is to download the source files and use the cufón generator to generate the full set.

http://cufon.shoqolate.com/generate/

You may find it easier to just replace the font with another one, or buy the open type version.

http://www.faces.co.uk/fonts/Monotype-Imaging-Vols/Neo-Sans-12-fonts-MT000616273/

ameschino Friend

is there any possibilty to fix this problem without buy the font?

http://www.linotype.com/156438/neosans-family.html

SP Media Friend

I’ve cufóned the open type versions for you. Hopefully it should work. Set the font family in the index.php file of the template to “neo-sans”.

1. neo_sans.zip
    drmonge Friend

<em>@spmedia 139175 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve cufóned the open type versions for you. Hopefully it should work. Set the font family in the index.php file of the template to “neo-sans”.</blockquote>
    Thank you so much… That worked perfectly!!!
    😀

terjef Friend

Could anyone help me with theese letters.

Capital and small letters
    (Æ - æ) (Ø - ø) (Å - å)

Thanx in advanced

Terje Flatlandsmo

scotty Friend

Anyone who need extra chars in their cufón needs to run it through this generator. Just select in the options which Alphabet you need or which special chars you need.

NOTE: If you are using windows you need to copy the font you wish to use to a different folder and browse to it there. If you browse directly to the font in your Font folder the generator will not work!

ameschino Friend

<em>@spmedia 139175 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve cufóned the open type versions for you. Hopefully it should work. Set the font family in the index.php file of the template to “neo-sans”.</blockquote>

like this:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/cufon/neo-sans_400-neo-sans_700-neo-sans_italic_400-neo-sans_italic_700.font.js"></script>

?

Noemi Peli Friend

Can somebody explain, how can I delete this special-character maker cufon, and use the original Arial Helvetica in heading?
    Thnx in advance,
    mg

SP Media Friend

<em>@marketinggroup 141243 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can somebody explain, how can I delete this special-character maker cufon, and use the original Arial Helvetica in heading?
    Thnx in advance,
    mg</blockquote>

There’s an option in the template settings as to whether the template uses Cúfon. You can disable it there.

SP Media Friend

<em>@ameschino 140735 wrote:</em><blockquote>like this:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/cufon/neo-sans_400-neo-sans_700-neo-sans_italic_400-neo-sans_italic_700.font.js"></script>

?</blockquote>

Look for the below – the line like below should be changed in this bit of code;

<script type="text/javascript">
    Cufon.replace('.componentheading, .contentheading, div.moduletable h3, div.moduletable_menu h3, div.moduletable_text h3,div.moduletable_highlight h3', { fontFamily: 'neo-sans' });
    </script>

ameschino Friend

I have this:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/ja.script.js"></script>
    <?php if ($tmpTools->getParam('ja_cufon')) : ?>
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl(); ?>/js/cufon/cufon.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    Cufon.replace('.componentheading, .contentheading, div.moduletable h3, div.moduletable_menu h3, div.moduletable_text h3,div.moduletable_highlight h3', { fontFamily: 'neo-sans' });
    </script>

it’s not working yet

dmocca Friend

I download “neo.sanz.zip” but ó,é,…. not works.

dmocca Friend

ó,é,…. not works with “neo.sanz.zip”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dmocca 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum