Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Unfortunately I don’t get any results with smart search. What I want is to search with smart search in 1 category with several subcategories. I tried several things and read manuals but I don’t understand wat i’m doing wrong. In the CMS when I create a filter, I can’t select the category I want. I have also indexed my website. Hopefully someone can tell me what I do wrong.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Smart Search filter gives the option in Filter to select categories : http://prntscr.com/ddjh4b
    its Default Joomla component , To add new feature in filter selection you should write this on Joomla Forum Here
    Besides you can check the Smart search module with default Joomla template like protostar and compare the results .

tresoar Friend

When I look at this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsa6XFYMnLc (from minute 6:18) I see that it is possible to select a catogory I want to filter on. But I don’t see my categories.

I don’t understand you what you meen by new feature. The smart search in the quick installation doesn’t use a filter, so I can’t compare with that smart search.

1. smartsearch
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Yes smart search is in the quikcstart becuase its comes with default Joomla installation . Showing sub-category is not issue of the template , Smart search is default Joomla component . Also the video you are following is from Joomla3.2.1 that layout has been changed in new Joomla with new options .
    I suggest you to write issue on Joomla forum so that Joomla support team can look on your issue .
    This is reason you are not getting the same view that is from Joomla 3.2.1 .
    Regards

tresoar Friend

I think I solved my problem. Thanks for helping.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum