Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dear yoomlart,

i don’t hav te the position “Topsl”, for the module Ja_slideshow

greetings Erwin
    http://www.etnel.com

Menalto Friend

Open up the templateDetails.xml and find this:

</positions>
    And add this above:

<position>topsl</position>
    So the final code will be like this:

<position>topsl</position>
    </positions>

goyat Friend

Just type in topsl at Ja_slideshow module page position setting. I just found it out.

Khanh Le Moderator

Yeah, missing it in the template xml file. Typing directly in module parameter is ok. We will update the template xml file in v1.1.

ivoniobarrosnunes Friend

just open the module ( mod_jaslideshow ) on admin module and write topsl on position box, and save …

infinart Friend

OK. the correct data to solve this is:

Open up the templateDetails.xml and find this: (about line 153)

<positions>
    <position>topsl</position> <—- Put it here!
    <position>hornav</position>
    <position>breadcrumbs</position>…..

Save and re-enter the module and the topsl will be there.

Hope this helps. 🙂

pipsos Friend

Is there any way i can do this with 1.015. It won´t let me type in anything in the module (only dropdown menue) and the templateDetails.xml only consists of <files>, <images> and <css> but no <positions> at all. Could anyone point me in the right direction … ?

Menalto Friend

<em>@Pipsos 71266 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is there any way i can do this with 1.015. It won´t let me type in anything in the module (only dropdown menue) and the templateDetails.xml only consists of <files>, <images> and <css> but no <positions> at all. Could anyone point me in the right direction … ?</blockquote>
    You can go to Site>Template Manager>Module Positions and add it there, then you can get it in the drop down menu for the modules.

rjscott2005 Friend

<em>@Menalto 71303 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can go to Site>Template Manager>Module Positions and add it there, then you can get it in the drop down menu for the modules.</blockquote>
    I am also using Joomla! 1.0x and I added topsl to the module positions as you say to do. However, when I publish the JA_Slideshow module I receive the following error:
    “The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.”

I have moved the module to other positions and have the exact same results. When I unpublish the module, the web site is again viewable. I’ve searched for this problem in these forums but have not found any discussion around it.

rjscott2005 Friend

<em>@rjscott2005 72547 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am also using Joomla! 1.0x and I added topsl to the module positions as you say to do. However, when I publish the JA_Slideshow module I receive the following error:
    “The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.”

I have moved the module to other positions and have the exact same results. When I unpublish the module, the web site is again viewable. I’ve searched for this problem in these forums but have not found any discussion around it.</blockquote>

Wow, talk about crickets chirping… This place is a ghost town.
    I disabled the global setting for Gzip compression and the slideshow now works. I’ve searched this forum and there is a similar problem with the teline II template. It would be awesome if someone would look into the problem and not leave it unanswered and unresolved.
    Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  rjscott2005 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum