Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Joomla-Version: 2.5.11
    I upgraded JAT3-Framework to 2.5.4 and JA Purity II to as it was recommended by the message of joomlas update-manager. I have installed about 5 languages and use Megamenu. After the Update, there was no more langauge-switcher and all the megamenus disappeared. When I go to templates backend, the profiles all disappeared. When I want to add a new Profile, I can’t costomize ist. And there is a red exclamation mark on the tab “Profiles”. I remember, that there was a Default-Profile, but now there isn’t. When I want to costomize anything, clicking on “save” has no effect (exept an # appaers at the end of the URL).

Even the template layout changed: all my changes in the header (i.e. header-images, logo, bg-colours) seemd to be overwritten. When I take a backup to re-overwrite the template-files it doesn´t change the problem with the profiles, and the menu.

Of course I am ready to make the layout-things again, but how can I solve the problems with the Profiles an Menu?

Thanks a lot

here a picture of the templates backend with the excl. mark:

1. Bildschirmfoto-2013-07-12-um-00.43.41
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

How did you upgrade this template? Did you use our JA Extension manager (JAEM) component to update?

knilch Friend

Hi. Thanks for the swift reaction.

No, I did not use the JAEM. I used the joomla extension manager. I should have used the JAEM…

Greetings

Saguaros Moderator

It’s recommended to use JAEM to update JA products since it provides options for you to check update, compare files between versions and you can decide to update files or not. 🙂

knilch Friend

…and do you have an idea how to manage the problem with the profiles? In between I deinstalled JA Purity II and the JAT3, then I re-installed it, but all is the same. I mean, imagine I would install it for the first time: how can I get a fresh environment, which files I have to remove to remove all traces of it, for I can start completely new? Of course I won´t remove the multilingual Menu-Entries. By the way: I also tried to change file attributes in the jat3-folder (755) – but no effect in template backend: I can´t save changes.

knilch Friend

…could there be a db-Problem? Whren I tried to install JA-Extensions-Manager, I got:

Component Install: DB function reports no errors

Error installing component

What does that mean?

knilch Friend

Ok, I had to remove all db-entries in the tables assets, menu and extensions. Then I could install the JAEM. Maybe that is the same problem like the Profiles-Thing. I will try…

Saguaros Moderator

and let me know the result then 🙂

knilch Friend

Ok, then I re-installed JA Purity II and JA T3-Plugin. And I could now save changes in templates backend :). Now I upgraded both using the JAEM. First I compared the version (its really a great thing!) and found no conflicting files in JA T3 plg-Update and three conflicting files in the templates update (js/js.rightcol.js, params.ini, temlateDetails.xml). I updated now. And I also overwrote the changes (my modifications in the templates look). And: :(( – can´t costumize templates backend. It´s again the red “!” on the profiles-tab and click on save has no effect. Now I rolled back these to things using JAEM. And: the same! Cant´t costumize. In my opinion that means, that there is no problems with the files but with db-entries. I also do not know: when I change things in template-folder (the css) – do I have to change things in the JA t3 – Plugin? In the JA T3 wiki everything is described for joomla 1.5 and everything is in the template-folder. But that is not the structure of my joomla2.5-installation.

However. After my hollidays (this week) I will try again with a fresh installation…

Maybe you could write me something about the db-tables of the to things (Framework an template)?

Thanks a lot

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

If your site is at the beginning stage and doesn’t have much content, you can make a fresh installation for this JA purity template. You can download the package here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=402

knilch Friend

Ok, after a successful backup everything works fine now. I will not update the template now, because the changes are not relevant for my site. From now, I will use JAEM for update 😉

Thanks for your friendly support!

Saguaros Moderator

You are welcome, mate :laugh:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum