Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

The logo at the top of the page does not show in IE??
    It does in FF. Have a look @ http://www.frame4.com

Thanks
    Anthony

donovan Friend

I too am having the same problem…the javascript console is popping this error:

Error: missing ) after argument list
    Source File: http://www.kudo1080.com/
    Line: 63, Column: 135
    Source Code:
    od_displayImage(‘sitelogo’, ‘http://www.kudo1080.com/templates/ja_bellatrix/images/logo-bellatrix.png’, 223, 50, ”, ‘KUDO 1080AM – We’re in it to win!’);

ideas?

donovan

donovan Friend

<em>@donovan 5769 wrote:</em><blockquote>I too am having the same problem…the javascript console is popping this error:

Error: missing ) after argument list
    Source File: http://www.kudo1080.com/
    Line: 63, Column: 135
    Source Code:
    od_displayImage(‘sitelogo’, ‘http://www.kudo1080.com/templates/ja_bellatrix/images/logo-bellatrix.png’, 223, 50, ”, ‘KUDO 1080AM – We’re in it to win!’);

ideas?

donovan</blockquote>

no worries…fixed…

frame4 Friend

Hi Donovan,

How did you fix this?

Regards,
    Anthony

douglas Friend

<em>@frame4 5751 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

The logo at the top of the page does not show in IE??
    It does in FF. Have a look @ http://www.frame4.com

Thanks
    Anthony</blockquote>

Recently, I decided to switch templates to overcome an issue with JA Regulus and Header Rotator not functioning, and now I have more issues with the JA Bellatrix template and the template automatically switching colors from the default set color to one of the other colors, and I have also seen the missing logo image problem that you are experiencing.

Is this template ready for prime time? Not so certain now. Especially if these issues pop up, and aren’t resolved.

I have checked everything, and I have no solution, so I think we’ll have to wait for Joomlart to fix these issues with this template.

Doug

frame4 Friend

<em>@douglas 5778 wrote:</em><blockquote>Recently, I decided to switch templates to overcome an issue with JA Regulus and Header Rotator not functioning, and now I have more issues with the JA Bellatrix template and the template automatically switching colors from the default set color to one of the other colors, and I have also seen the missing logo image problem that you are experiencing.

Is this template ready for prime time? Not so certain now. Especially if these issues pop up, and aren’t resolved.

I have checked everything, and I have no solution, so I think we’ll have to wait for Joomlart to fix these issues with this template.

Doug</blockquote>

Yeah, I have to agree … I have a few more outstanding (bug related) questions that yet need to be answered/solved. I really love this template and don’t want to switch to a different template (or a different template provider, even) … but I will if I have to.

Regards,
    Anthony

douglas Friend

<em>@frame4 5779 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yeah, I have to agree … I have a few more outstanding (bug related) questions that yet need to be answered/solved. I really love this template and don’t want to switch to a different template (or a different template provider, even) … but I will if I have to.

Regards,
    Anthony</blockquote>

Anthony,

Looks of a template are one thing, but when form needs to be sacrificed because of quality assurance issues, then I can do without the looks of such templates and focus on quality of a template working in all browsers. It means less on the looks and more on the functionality and the ability to make a template work with most any extension out there in the Joomla world.

There are trade offs in everything. I have tried every template on this site, and they all have issues with specific javascript conflicting with this or that extension or browser, and things that I need for my sites are consistency and quality of functionality over looks.

So I have started to venture out and look for another template provider. I am waiting with baited breath for this new template, but I don’t hold out much hope that it won’t have the same top 5 issues with extensions that I need to use.

My main one is:
    1. MOOFX vs. Header Rotator issues. – can’t use certain modules from Joomlaworks.

check this forum out on Joomla.org. It explains the header rotator issues with Joomlart.com templates.

http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,123006.0.html

Perhaps Joomart.com should stick to basic templates and not add all these MOOFX features with other JS libraries in your template that conflict with modules and mambots and mess things up so people can’t use the modules and extensions that they need?

2. This is from fotisevangelou, the author of header rotator as in the thread above.

Quote “Why not contact JoomlArt?

Personally I think their work is fantastic, but you cannot expect everything to work together. That is something we sometimes have to live with!”

3. The logo disappearing, then the colors changing without warning. Nobody coming to the site cares about who I use for a template provider. They just want to know that the site works for them, without issues. If it doesn’t they don’t come back.

4. I decided that I have been to myopic in my thinking and need to have a set of backup templates, and it’s obvious that I have to get them elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong. I am loyal to Joomlart.com, bgut I can’t let that get in my way. I have to be objective and think of my users on my sites and their needs.

Doug

frame4 Friend

All valid comments Doug, and I have to agree with you on all accounts.

And as I am writing this, I have another browser window open, looking at ww.rockettheme.com, though I have to be careful of the “grass is greener syndrome”. The response time on questions seems to be a lot better in the forums there though. I am going to do some tests with their templates as well….

I am hoping I am not going to have to fork out truck loads of money to a custom designer (a) either to customise/fix bellatrix or (b) design us a custom template from scratch. I guess only time will tell ….

Regards,
    Anthony

douglas Friend

Anthony,

This Joomlaworks group that creates the great extensions has a huge amount of site visitors in a little over a month and it’s amazing. And this is the template they used. Camel, from Funky Visions.

Obviously it works for Joomlaworks to show off their great extensions. Many of which I can’t use because I use Joomlart.com templates and they have issues with the extensions that can’t be resolved easily without hacking the template code. So I think I’m going to try out this Camel template and sacrifice some glitzy stuff for functionality and consistency and compatibility with browsers and extensions.

Joomlaworks demo site stats:
    Visitor Statistics
    Visitors: 110086 from November 25

Whatever template Joomlaworks is going to use with their new site, I think I am going to use it to, that is unless it’s their own custom design. They let people know about the Camel template from Funky Visions, and I assume that they’ll be using something from them as the basis for their new site template that is supposed to be launched in January.

From the Joomlaworks site:

November 25th, 2006: Brand new DEMO SITE launched today! The new demo site sports a cleaner and more modern design.

Our extensions are now clearly distinguished and showcased -as it should- and people will not get confused, as they did with the default Joomla! template we used in the first place. We hope you like it.

This template is based on Funky Visions “Camel” template, which is distributed for free and can be downloaded at their website. If you like their templates and decide to use them in your website, it would be a good idea donating some money to Funky Visions, for their free offerings!

Overall, these guys make slick templates and for free! Danke shoen!

Check out our new DEMO SITE at the usual address:

demo.joomlaworks.gr

Hope you find the right template, and if I come up with anything, I’ll keep you posted.

Doug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  douglas 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum