Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

the Template looks wonderful, but i am really*frustrated and disappointed about your “philosophy” to not support K2 longer. Do you get money from easyblog? Easyblog could’t be a nice extension, it is so useless to me, i am sure not to be alone. OK, i will do the “K2 work” by my own and in the next time i will look more to an other supplier, it looks like you have more as enough customer.

Scott Lavelle Friend

My personal preference for blogs these days is Zoo rather than K2, but I used to use K2 all the time – in fact I have K2 on my own site. Since I build all of my sites from the T3 Blank template rather than any of the pre-built templates, it doesn’t really affect me, but I DO think it would be more beneficial for most users to have at least one of the free Blog options included in the new templates rather than the EasyBlog system, which is cost-based. This also references some of the conversation about cart systems as well.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi There,

Yes, it is true that we have slowed down on K2 component integration recently as we need to explore other extensions too. Not only for blogging, recently we have been experimenting with MijoShop extension too instead of our favorite Virtuemart or joomshopping extension.

K2 extension will work out of the box for any of our templates, if you encounter bugs lets us know and we will fix them swiftly. I do agree with slavelle to have non-commercial extension support in our templates, which we did for long time and now we are exploring other extensions which are popular in the Joomla community.

K2 and virtuemart based templates would be released this year but would be selective ones.

Regards

Arvind

greatway Friend

Dear drarvindc i installed k2 in the ja biz template and the images are not showing in any k2 items.

try install k2 in the ja bizz template and you will see. it has something to do with the class modal tha causes the k2 item image no to show.

k2 is a must component you should have it in your quickinstallations

About mijoshop yes it is a great component and I use it but you as joomlart dont offer it, it is not preinstalled in your templates, whichis actualy misleading because one realizes after purchase that he has to buy also mijoshop and do the installation and configuration by himself…

peterdc2 Friend

I have the same problem with K2 image not showing up in Biz template. All extentions are the latest versions, brand new site. Tested it on MAMP and online. The most of my websites uses K2 and some EasyBlog. For the website I’m making I can’t use EasyBlog and need to use K2. A pity I have to look for another template because I like the Biz template very much. I would appreciate that Joomlart would find a solution for this K2 problem since I’m not the only one…
    In the mean while I’m using Rockettheme templates to be sure that K2 will work well. It’s such a pity that K2 is not longer supported in joomlart template development. If someone finds a solution for the Biz template, please let us know! I’ve been looking the whole day to find a solution, also on the forum I’ve search and tried to follow some advice but after more thar 6 hours I’m really feeling sad about this. Dammt :((

greatway Friend

i solved this issue by adding Here how you can fix for K2.
    in custom.css of your template files add

#k2Container .modal {
    border: medium none !important;
    left: 10% !important;
    position: relative !important;
    background-color : transparent !important;
    box-shadow : none !important;
    }
    or do this –>
    1. Copy k2.css from /components/com_k2/css/k2.css to your /templates/[yourtemplate]/css/k2.css
    2. Upgrade class for a.modal
    #k2Container a.modal {
    border: 0px;
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    position: relative;

Saguaros Moderator

By default, JA Biz template doesn’t go with K2 so there maybe conflict in css. If above suggestion doesn’t work, you guys can post URL of page where problem can be seen here so that I can take a look. Also turn off Optimize Css option in template manager.
    @greatway: thank you for sharing 🙂

peterdc2 Friend

Thank you Greatway,
    I tried the custom.css but that didn’t work. The second option I copied the K2.css but I don’t know how to upgrade class for a.modal ? How can I do that. I’m not a programmer. That’s why I use paid templates like on Joomlart because they come out of the box. Had never much problems with joomlart but since they don’t support K2 anymore I can only use there older templates or from Rocketheme but I like more the designs of Joomlart. But it’s like making a film, you have to kill your darlings to keep the viewer believe what the see. And it’s the same with websites, if it doesn’t work and get messed up, you need to use what makes it readible even if the template isn’t anymore so beautiful.

I don’t understand why Joomlart don’t just overcome such issues by just adding the K2Container a.model where it should be. As a non-programmer I loose a lot of time finding the wright solution.
    The reason why I can’t use EasyBlog is because it’s not a CCK that support extra fields adding like K2 does. I tried several other CCK programs and K2 is for me the most easiest one to modify and also easy to use for students and professors.

Can you explain me how I can upgrade a-model and where I find it?

Thank you already a lot for your answer,
    Peter

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your interest in our templates. As Arvind mentioned above, K2 or VM-based templates would be released in the near future (selective one).

Regarding to issue that you’re facing with our template, you can post your site URL here or PM me login info, so that I can have a look, I will give you suggestion then.

Best,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum