Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I cannot see the front-end edit button for articles or modules. I have tried with custom.css disabled and enabled. Any assistance will be appreciated.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It’s confirmed bug in this Teline V. I’ll raise and inform it with team.
    At moment you can call JHtml tools to get it back.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

clrmedia Friend

Hi,
    I am not familiar with JHTML. Can you provide information on how to perform the call to get the edit tools back?
    Thanks,
    John

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please try to check my new tip about this

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/frontend-article-edit-button/

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

clrmedia Friend

After reading Viet Vu’s tip, I edited templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/info_block/hits.php to remove the hits code and insert the edit code. I then set hits to show in the articles options. (If you want to actually show hits, leave the code in. I think.) Because of other changes I made to the template, I also had to reduce the margin/padding above my h2.

REMOVE
    <dd class=”hits”>
    <i class=”fa fa-eye”></i>
    <meta itemprop=”interactionCount” content=”UserPageVisits:<?php echo $displayData[‘item’]->hits; ?>” />
    <?php echo JText::sprintf(‘COM_CONTENT_ARTICLE_HITS’, $displayData[‘item’]->hits); ?>
    </dd>

ADD
    <dd class=”published hasTooltip” title=”<?php echo JText::sprintf(‘COM_CONTENT_EDIT_ITEM’, ”); ?>”>
    <?php if ($canEdit) : ?>
    <i class=”fa fa-edit”></i>
    <li class=”edit-icon”> <?php echo JHtml::_(‘icon.edit’, $displayData[‘item’], $displayData[‘params’]); ?>Edit Me </li>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </dd>

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Just wonder if everything solved at your side ?

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

clrmedia Friend

It does what I need to do, which is edit articles from the front-end.

On one site, I am able to edit modules as well. On a second site, I am not able to edit modules (but this is likely something I have done on that site).

Anyway, with or without the ability to edit modules, the fix has me happier with the template. And I really liked the template, even before the fix.

K Schneider Friend

<em>@jooservices 468251 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s confirmed bug in this Teline V. </blockquote>

When is the update for fixing this bug?

K Schneider Friend

<em>@jooservices 468251 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s confirmed bug in this Teline V. </blockquote>

When is the update for fixing this bug?

K Schneider Friend

Sorry, forgot to show for example publish date ….
    It’s now showing the edit button.

K Schneider Friend

Sorry, forgot to show for example publish date ….
    It’s now showing the edit button.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  K Schneider 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum