Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello, old member that just re-activated, hope we will have a productive year 😉

I installed a Quickstart in my server, but i cant see any of the default images that were displayed in ur demo. I did something wrong? (i have filled in the details about my site in the thread)

Also what’s the best thing to do. To create a ticket in ur help system or to create a thread here? As i see both options to be available. I created one ticket for another problem i have, but i cant find any “my tickets” option, only to submit a new one. How we can see our tickets and check for replies, etc ? Also can u explain or point me to a faq section, that the “points” system is being explained? How they work?

Thnx in advance

TomC Moderator

Greetings:

I responded to your Support Ticket on the same issue … but for the benefit of the Community . . .

I believe you are referring to the image placeholders that are used with the template download. Due to licensing restrictions, the actual photo images are not included with the template download. Rather, they are replaced with image placeholders – which I believe is what you are referring to with regard to your question about the images appearing in the demo.

The licenses and relative terms/restrictions for the image sources change all the time – and, as it is, the continued licensing of the images for all of the template download packages became a bit too prohibitive. Apologize for the confusion – but, for all intents and purposes, you likely weren’t going to use the demo images anyway – right?

Truth be told, I kind of like the image placeholders – especially with the “clue” as to what size we need to be formatting our custom replacement images.

😎

lanc3lot Friend

Thnx, about the tickets now, i can reply to my email and you will receive it?

What’s the best tactic, to post questions there or here?

And finally, can u point me a faq about points?

Ps

Ofc u wont use the demo images, just it creates a better feeling to have the demo images in your quickstart and then replace them. Ofc i can understand ur license issues.

TomC Moderator

Your first resource should always be here within the Community Forum – both researching your question (which may, very well, have previously been asked and answered) and asking questions. In addition to our very zealous Support Staff, a great many of our Community Members are also eager to share their knowledge and experience with what they have learned and worked with.

If your particular issue is looking to be a difficult/perplexing one, then the next step is escalating it to the Support Ticket system – where the Support and Development Team sees and addresses such as expeditiously and thoroughly possible.

As to your last question, I’m not sure I understand what you mean by a FAQ about “points.”
    Can you, perhaps, clarify a bit?

TomC Moderator

<em>@lanc3lot 268555 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thnx, about the tickets now, i can reply to my email and you will receive it?
    </blockquote>
    Yes, when you reply to the email you receive in response to your ticket, we receive/see your response within the queue.

😎

lanc3lot Friend

I see, i will follow these simple directions then 😉 I have some new questions but i will open new threads, so it can be searchable in the future.

About points, i see that every time i post a new thread here, i loose some of my points. I assume that when my points is depleted, i wont have the ability to post questions and….i have to pay for them?

Sounds bad 😉

TomC Moderator

Nope … Although the “points” are associated with posting (and the quality of posting) here within the Community Forum, they have nothing to do with your ability to post here on the Forums.

Don’t quote me, but it is my understanding that, generally, when points go “negative,” it is because someone(s) have not found your comment/post to be particularly constructive or helpful and may have clicked the “thumbs down” icon for your particular post.

I may very well be mistaken about this – because it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for you to have had three posts and “-55.24” points. I will investigate this issue for you further.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum