Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

None of the bullets are being displayed in articles using K2 and the JA Business of JA Business Blog K2 template. The bullets are clearly visible in the editor but are not making it over to the live site. This makes for very sloppy looking copy on pages.

wcbenyip Friend

Same case here…! And I tried some case that the rating star of K2 would disappeared and replaced with a “.” (big dot) overlap the star position….

Does thiese the template conflict with the K2? But this template is somehow build for / cover K2 component… anyone from JA can help asap?? Many thnanks!

Anyone with suggestion / hint / solution are all welcome!! :laugh:

alpinevp Friend

It seems that these guys are trying to be some great friggin’ technical developers and are creating templates only to impress themselves while overcomplicating them for the rest of us. There is also a problem with K2 when uploading an image for the article, it seems to take a perfectly normal image and pixelate the hell out of it.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@alpinevp 222988 wrote:</em><blockquote>None of the bullets are being displayed in articles using K2 and the JA Business of JA Business Blog K2 template. The bullets are clearly visible in the editor but are not making it over to the live site. This makes for very sloppy looking copy on pages.</blockquote>

Dear alpinevp,

You can try opening the file of templates/ja_business/css/template.css,Look for the css
    .ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    padding-left: 0;
    }
    And change to

}
    I hope that would help !

wcbenyip Friend

Hi dathq,

I tried your method, but just found the line of “.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li { background: none; padding-left: 0; }” and I added your line ( without anything put inside { } ) to the template.css file under my local folder for overwriting the default one.

However, it seems cannot help! The result come out with the same (no bullets)~~ Actually I am using the tabber plug-in from No Number! to show the K2 Content module for specified category on each tab, and then put the K2 articles to the related categories…. this method is a bit dummy…. but it’s a proved way to show different K2 contents by categories! (I want to use JA slideshow 2, but it cannot show K2 content as well…) :((

Any further hints or advise? Thanks!

wcbenyip Friend

Hi… anyone can help? The bullets seems cannot be shown in K2 content…. :((

alpinevp Friend

Honestly, this is so typical and such an embarrassment.:(( Not one member of Joomlart has bothered to respond and address this issue.

silver76 Friend

I have also the problem that Bullets are not shown in normal Joomla Article :((

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@wcbenyip 224218 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi… anyone can help? The bullets seems cannot be shown in K2 content…. :((</blockquote>
    since you have installed other extension, and that makes you site diffirent from our demo we need to have access and edit or your site, please provide your admin & ftp account in your ticket:
    http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/65599

Ninja Lead Moderator

@all:
    I think this is a proper solution for you:
    open templatesja_businesscsstemplate.css, remove this:

}

I’ve tested, it should solve the issue.

wcbenyip Friend

um…. the point always like that…. in the real world we cannot only use what JA installed on the demo site and not just using the CMP come with JA template! If the customers cannot make the typo working properly once installed some other extensions, then should it be an issue of JA template? Honestly, I am not sure whether only me installed the other extensions that “affect” the proper operation of typo for JA template, but I do think it’s a common case to install different CMP for a joomla website, right? I can tell that, the typo AND the bullets are working properly for the templates I created with Artisteer software plus installed lots of different CMP.

I know, it’s hard to say the issue of JA template or my personal issue after installed different CMP and with different environment, but if other customers reported this, should JA go to take a look or even review it?

ALL others if you are facing such similar case, please submit your case and report here to let JA staff knowing that this is not a single story, thanks!!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi wcbenyip,

Thanks for letting us know.
    When JA templates are released, they come with a bundle of components which are suitable for the template’s purpose. I must clarify that we can not make the template or our components compatible with all other extensions, we can not test with all of them because you know joomla has huge amount of extensions which have been being upgraded day by day. Its a impossible mission.
    If you find that our template conflicts with your component, you can post a thread here to let us know, and together we can find a solution. Our forum is meant for that, we always listen to your feedbacks.

p/s: does our solution for K2 list works for you?

dave_3d Friend

<em>@hungnd 226778 wrote:</em><blockquote>p/s: does our solution for K2 list works for you?</blockquote>

I have tried the solution you posted earlier. No bullet points in K2 articles.

I have installed the full demo setup and data as supplied directly from Joomlart.

I partciularly wanted to use the K2 functionality for a client.

At present, I will be forced to use another template.

That is not good, guys.

D.

dave_3d Friend

To add, in my version 1.0.1 of JA Business these lines do not exist in template.css :

<em>@hungnd 225127 wrote:</em><blockquote>@all:
    I think this is a proper solution for you:
    open templatesja_businesscsstemplate.css, remove this:

}

I’ve tested, it should solve the issue.</blockquote>

I only see :

.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li { background: none; padding-left: 0; }

dave_3d Friend

I stand corrected, I flushed my cache when changing my template.css file but did not see a result.

Restarting my AMP setup, with the removal of the line I quoted, shows the bullet points in a K2 article.

BUT it also added bullet points to many other parts of the K2 content, and K2 sub-menus.

At present this is not a solution – and makes using K2 with JA Business less than satisfactory. At present I am forced to find a solution to add bullet points for a list in a K2 article.

If you advertise K2 integration as a feature of a Joomlart style, please check for basic functionality.

D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lbridle 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum