Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I am developing a test site at http://dev16.shalomadventure.com in which we started with a quickstart site for JA Teline IV and then made a lot of changes. But, we kept the articles.

We then created a new instance where we also started with a quickstart site but removed the articles and categories, etc… that we do not need and are trying to start with a clean slate. This site is at http://www.shalomadventure.com but has a password on the front end for now which I am supplying the the support team at Joomlart.

The problem we have is that the articles we are creating and assigning to a Menu which displays articles from a particular Category blog are not displaying any articles.

On the test site lots of articles show. Does anybody know why our articls are not showing. We have them assigned to the correct categories and the categories are published. It seems to be a bug… or maybe a feature we are not understanding?

I have attached two images one of the site that has articles and one of the site that does not have articles. Any pointers in the right direction would be very helpful.

An important point is that in each of these examples we are displaying items that are actually sub categories.

Thank you, Sean Carney

1. 110928.SA_.www_.noarticles
    2. 110928.dev16.articles
    Blaine Friend

Hi scarney!
    I am wondering if the site cache has been cleaned and disabled as well as file and folder permissions set correctly.
    Please advise.
    Thanks!

scarney Friend

<em>@Blaine 271318 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi scarney!
    I am wondering if the site cache has been cleaned and disabled as well as file and folder permissions set correctly.
    Please advise.
    Thanks!</blockquote>

The Joomla cache had never been turned on. The JAT3 cache has been cleansed.

By file and folder I am assuming you mean the permissions on the command line?

The folders are all 755 and the files are 644

Is this what you are asking about?

If you have access to the login and password I provided then please feel free to login and poke around.

Sean Carney

TomC Moderator

Not to step on Blaine’s assistance with/for you, Sean (or Blaine) . . . .

I actually experienced a somewhat similar issue like this last evening with a Teline IV J1.7 install … and the really strange part is that it was ONLY occurring when viewing the site within CHROME browser. The solution ended up being (as simple as it sounds) clearing my browser cache (which, in Chrome, is Ctrl+F5).

This is not to say that this issue might not still be a permissions or .htaccess issue … but it’s at least worth a shot.

😎

okay, tossing ball back to Blaine . . . .

Blaine Friend

So.. is this resolved yet?

scarney Friend

<em>@Blaine 272196 wrote:</em><blockquote>So.. is this resolved yet?</blockquote>

Hello Blaine,

Thank you for asking! This is not resolved. I have not received any help yet. I also provided the login and password.

I also have two other requests for which I am also not receiving any help. The support at JoomlArt seems to have degraded. I have been using JoomlArt templates for years and think they are the best out there. But, I am actively looking now for a template and extensions house with better support because I keep getting short answers from people pushing back and not actually reading or understanding what I have submitted. Partly this could be that a better description is needed? But, in that case I would hope somebody would ask for clarity.

If you could push this to resolution I would be most grateful.

Thank you very much, Sean Carney

Blaine Friend

HI!
    Please give me links or ticket numbers to the posts you feel you are not receiving help on and I will look!
    Thanks!

scarney Friend

You are helping me on two of them now and a third one I posted on Friday so I can be a bit patient on that one.

It is at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/in-1-6-iframe-with-youtube-video-removes-subsequent-html-code/

On this one I believe I need to figure out out to create a module wrapper that can then be ‘loaded’ using some tags in the articles themselves. I saw some videos that inferred that anyhow while searching for an answer. 🙂 I think it is loadposition. 🙂

Thank you, Sean Carney

Blaine Friend

Hi Sean!
    I have replied to that thread.
    Thanks!

scarney Friend

This still remains an unresolved issue. I am using JA Teline IV and Joomla 1.6.

Blaine Friend

Hi Sean!
    Let’s please deal with that thread ONLY on that thread and not here, ok?
    Thanks!

scarney Friend

<em>@Blaine 272461 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Sean!
    Let’s please deal with that thread ONLY on that thread and not here, ok?
    Thanks!</blockquote>

Sure. sorry if I mixed up a couple threads. Definitely not a good thing to do!

This thread is about the articles that are not showing up in the categories at http://dev16.shalomadventure.com

And, this has not been resolved yet.

Sean

Blaine Friend

No worries Sean, you are only human as am I.
    😉

zetpap Friend

I have the very same problem on my ja teline iv installation.
    No content is displaying
    Is there any solution for this matter?

scarney Friend

<em>@zetpap 276440 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the very same problem on my ja teline iv installation.
    No content is displaying
    Is there any solution for this matter?</blockquote>

Unfortunately the guy I have been helping decided the way to solve this was to disable the JA extensions. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scarney 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum