Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

after I made a new contact form I only see the form but not the adress details.
    all parameters are on “show” but no details.
    I can do what I want but there is only the form that shows up

what’s wrong?

jneubauer Friend

could you provide a url or more information to your site so we can take a look?

khoand Friend

Hi,
    You login backend > Extensions > Module Manager > Contact form layout. Change Custom output .

TomC Moderator

<em>@khoand 269275 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    You login backend > Extensions > Module Manager > Contact form layout. Change Custom output .</blockquote>
    khoand . . unfortunately your response is irrelvant to the question martinmo is asking . . . which is why Jon requested additional information for more appropriate investigation into the issue(s) involved.

Let’s let Jon take a look and see where it takes us.

Martin Möller Friend

this site is a local installation.
    I can show you a screenshot if this makes sense..

Phill Moderator

I’ll jump in simply because everyone else has lol. Actually although it looks like we are working separately we are actually all communicating via skype behind the scenes on yours and others questions.

The contact form in this template is actually an override but how it works exactly is slightly different between the J1.5 and J1.7 versions. Which are you using?

What I suggest is to use the demo builder or make a quickstart install on your local machine to see how JA have setup the demo assuming that is the look you are after. If not please feel free to post screenshots and as much other info as you can. The more you can supply the more likely it is that you will get an acurate answer.

Martin Möller Friend

Thanks for “jumping in” phil!

I am using J1.5. Is it possible to reset the contact component? Or must I use a 3party extension for a contact page with adress infos?

Phill Moderator

Not at all. Do you want the default contact page layout or the one as per the JA demo? Or is there something specific you are trying to do?

Martin Möller Friend

Well I need the possibility to show the contact titel and the adress fields – then the form

Phill Moderator
    Martin Möller Friend

Ahh! – now I understand – you combine the text module with the conatct form.

Ok and is it complicated to bring back the original joomla contact?

Phill Moderator

Not complicated at all. Simply remove the override.

In templates>ja_travel>heml you will find a folder where all the overrides are. Simply remove the com_contact folder and you will looses the override.

I do think it works quite nicely as designed though.

Martin Möller Friend

Yes, may be I use the override – a bit more work thou…

Thank You!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Möller 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum