Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi – I am developing a new site with the current version of JA Job Board but have run into several bugs that we’ve had to hack around (e.g. issue with a.complete and missing columns in feeds). Because of this I am reluctant to deploy until the next version is released with the accompanying bug fixes. What is the release date for the next version?

Thanks!

HeR0 Friend

@ Mpolakovic,

I am afraid for not being in position to confirm on the release date for next update. Anyway, for any bug from JA Job board, you can post here, we will try to assist as far as we can.

However, customization request will be beyond scope of our support.

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hi mpolakovic,
    I have tried to cover some of the common issues in tutorials and tips, so hopefully that may help you. I have put in countless hours on this component and have gotten it up to a level that is somewhat workable. It still needs a lot of work, and I have had discussions with them about helping out on a future release. I don’t know if that will happen though, as I have not heard back in a while. My assessment of this component is that it is actually 90% ready, but that last 10% includes some critical issues from both an operating point of view as well as a realistic success point of view. For example, in some cases, it takes a job seeker 6 steps to apply for a job, which will absolutely kill your conversion rates. Hopefully they will let me help plan future builds, as I probably have one of the more active boards, but I have no idea.

melanieb Friend

Hi Brent,

anything that would speed up a new release (one that works with Joomla 3x in particular) would be fantastic. I am surprised they haven bitten your hand off with the offer of help :O

I actually re-purchased the subscription in January, just to get an answer to a couple of support questions (secretly I was hoping there would be an upgrade soon so it would be money well spent) but as the last one was over a year ago, I am not holding out much hope. I am at a stage now where I have to look elsewhere for something compatible with Joomla 3. I am sad about this, as think this Jobboard has some brilliant features.

Joomlart are releasing lots of new extensions, and it looks like its at the cost of existing ones like the jobsboard.

brentwilliams2 Friend

I agree with you that JobBoard has great features, and just needs just a bit of a push to make it incredible. And they didn’t bite my hand for offering to help – in fact, they seemed quite receptive, but I don’t know if that is still the case.

melanieb Friend

Hi Brent,

my apologies, ‘bite your hand off’ was a compliment, in that it was such a good offer/suggestion so they should have rushed to take you up on it.

brentwilliams2 Friend

Melanie, can you PM me your site? I’d love to take a look at it.

melanieb Friend

Hi Brent,

apologies for delay responding.

My site is being rebuilt on joomla 3 and so is offline – this is why I am interested in an upgrade to the jobboard. Its the only component that wont work on my new site unfortunately.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  melanieb 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum