Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Hi leo,

Now I want to begin creating the multilanguage web site. i want to start with creating the english language translation of the site. Th English translation must be a typical seperate site with modules /articles/ categories. There are products that help this like km fastrans.

but what if i wanted to do this without special tools what is the basic?? how do i create a translated site with its home page and modules, articles etc..

ciao,
    Antonio

phong nam Friend

Hi Antonio,

You can follow below tutorial to create a multilanguage website on Joomla 2.5 .
    http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/joomla-multi-lingual/

Leo

antoniocerasuolo Friend

<em>@Leo Burnetts 372926 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Antonio,

You can follow below tutorial to create a multilanguage website on Joomla 2.5 .
    http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/joomla-multi-lingual/

Leo</blockquote>

hi leo,

thank you so much this is exactly what i needed!!!

i’ll have some more techy questions for you later!!!

ciao Antonio

antoniocerasuolo Friend

Hi Leo,

I need to put the language switcher module/ flags in the position in the diagram attached. can you pelase tell me what is the template position of the module??

Therefore as you can see this position is just below the LOGO and above the horizontal orange line and on the right side.

anyhow do you think this is a good position to put the language flags?? do you have a better suggestion???

ciao,
    Antonio

1. language_flags
    antoniocerasuolo Friend

Hi leo,

I created the multisite.. but look at this attachment.. this is happening sometimes with firefox as well as internet explorer..

can you help me to fix this??

it seems that when i disable the language plugins and go abck to default site the problem disappears..

can you help me here with this problem??

ciao,
    Antonio

p.s. this seems to happen mainly when i refresh the web browser page…

1. home-page
    phong nam Friend

Hi Antonio,

You need to create a new position in header section, then assign the Language Switcher (flags) module on that new one. Below guide can be helpful for you: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-new-module-position-6/

<blockquote> this is happening sometimes with firefox as well as internet explorer..</blockquote>
    Can you roll back your customization? It is missing sidebars, mainbody & footer now.

I’ll check & try to fix this issue for you.

Leo

antoniocerasuolo Friend

Leo,

take a look here:

http://www.relaxdomus.com/index.php/it/

the reason you probabaly didnt see anythingt before is probabaly because you were defaulting to US and for us have not created anything yet. ok.
    maybee i need to add this url to the Cpanel hotlink??

please let me know what is the problem here..

ciao,
    Antonio

phong nam Friend

Hi Antonio,

<blockquote> this is happening sometimes with firefox as well as internet explorer..it seems that when i disable the language plugins and go abck to default site the problem disappears..</blockquote>
    Pls send me PM with your admin login for checking this issue, I would be able to help you out then.

Leo

antoniocerasuolo Friend

hi leo..

no has nothing to do with hotlink.,., its a different problem.. probabaly has spomethign to do with the images path??
    what do you think??

I hope you can help me solve this..

ciao,
    Antonio

antoniocerasuolo Friend

hi Leo,

I set the full image url in one of the photos and its working!!!

so how can i tell joomla globally to take the full url?? or is there a better way??

ciao,
    Antonio

antoniocerasuolo Friend

Leo,

I turned off the SEF urls in the global configuration and now seems to work but as you can see its more sloppy:

http://www.relaxdomus.com/index.php?lang=it

so.. do you think you can help now that there are more clues..:D

ciao,
    Antonio

phong nam Friend

Hi Antonio,

Do you want all image urls work well with the SEF turned on ?
    Clear me about your concern, i can give your better guide then.

Leo

antoniocerasuolo Friend

Hi Leo ** NEW PROBLEM**

ok now listen to this..

I created a two duplicate templates JA BISTRO English anf JA BISTRO Italiano and i assigned the relative language to the templates as wella sa the relative menus to the template so to english template english menu and to italian template italian menu. what happens is that when i do this the italian menu disappears from the template … it’s as if only one menu is allowed for this template,,..

how do i solve this??

ciao,
    Antonio

antoniocerasuolo Friend

Hi leo,

I followed these instructions below and solved the menu problem on the different translations and as you can see the problem has been resolved: http://www.relaxdomus.com/index.php?lang=it

but as mentioned earlier i was forced to make SEF url to NO in the global configurations.in order to resolve the broken links to images..

do you have a resolution to this problem??

ciao,

Antonio

01-23-2012, 02:53 AM
    Congratulazioni!

OK.

So you now have a default menu, an Italian menu and an English menu.

If you go to the template manager and click on your template.

On the right hand section you have some tabs so click on Profiles. Then click on “add new” and call one english and one italian.

Now click on one of them i.e. English and then scroll down to menu settings and where it says menu type you pick your menu i.e. main menu, hauptmenu or whatever you called the default menus in Joomla. Do the same for the other language profiles.

Then on the left hand side of the page you see “Page Assignments”

This is where you pick the pages and menu IDs for each language. So click in the left hand side empty box of pages and then select the menus you want. In the right hand box you click and pick the profile i.e. Italian. Click save of course.

do the same for the other language. Click save at the top and……

That’s it. Good to go!

I should point out that if you add extra menus or menu items for any language menu you need to come back here and add them into the page assignments. You might find like me that you have lots under each language when the site is finished.

Hope that helps and if you get stuck just shout.

In bocca al lupo!

phong nam Friend

Hi Antonio,

<blockquote>but as mentioned earlier i was forced to make SEF url to NO in the global configurations.in order to resolve the broken links to images..do you have a resolution to this problem??</blockquote>

Go to root directory on your sever, rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess file. Then open .htaccess file, then find & replace:

# RewriteBase /

with

RewriteBase /

Now, you menu links will work well with SEF turned on.

Leo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

This topic contains 59 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum