Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hi,
    what do i need to do to disable the newslite links… i am trying to just use that area for bullet points or features. i have set every parameter i could find to ‘hide’ linkable titles, but doesn’t work…still creates a link to the same material. Or, due to the nature of this mod…is it simply not possible ?

thanks.

Sherlock Friend

Can you give us your live URL, any screenshot or more details of the problem will be helpful

ellie_t Friend

sure. my site in underconstruction, but please see the attached image

1. linkable
    Sherlock Friend

hi
    you must edit mod_janewslight.php(modulesmod_janewslight folder)
    Search this line

echo "<a href="$link" class="ja-newstitle" title="".($showintro ? $row->title : $row->introtext1)."">{$row->title}</a>n";
    Change to

echo "<a href="#" class="ja-newstitle" title="".($showintro ? $row->title : $row->introtext1)."">{$row->title}</a>n";

ellie_t Friend

first of all, thanks for trying to help…i made that change and the good news is that the link is not active…the bad news is that it actually looks active…ya know …. cursor changes to the hand icon so it now it looks like a link that isn’t set up correctly… i am taking offline so that you can see. again, thank you for trying to assist.

ellie

Sherlock Friend

Hi ellie_t
    you can edit

echo "<a href="$link" class="ja-newstitle" title="".($showintro ? $row->title : $row->introtext1)."">{$row->title}</a>n";
    To

echo $row->title;
    And you must add css for that

ellie_t Friend

sorry…don’t understand… when you say change this code to that code, is this also the mod_janewslight.php file. and when you say you must add css for that. can you give me any more information regarding that comment ?

thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ellie_t 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum