Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with the News Pro module that ships with the Teline III v2 template. The module no longer updates the content from the categories. When I open the module in the module manager I can make changes in the fields but can’t save, save & close or any of the other save options. I can only select close.

If I create a new module I have the same problem none of the save options work. I have uninstalled the module and re-installed it and I have the same problem can’t save. I have also tried re-installing the framework but I have the same result. Clearing caches does not change anything.

Today I updated to the Joomla 2.5 version of JA Teline III template with the accompanied modules & components but the issue is still not resolved. I tried all the above steps again with the module still not updating content properly or having the option to save.

Any help to resolve this will be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Alex

1. janewspro
    Sherlock Friend

Hi Alex,

I Took a look and I saw that it’s a permission problem, your modules folder (and all folder and files under this folder ) could not be accessed via the browser that caused the problem because the module need to access to the file of modules/mod_janewspro/admin/helper.php to save it’s setting.
    you can change the permission for this folder that would help !

xamaba Friend

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I’ll look at the permissions, but it is strange it’s only the JA module with the problem and the Joomla system info says all folders are writable.

Update:

I changed the folder and the helper.php file permissions to 777 and no change, I still can’t save any changes.

Kind regards
    Alex

xamaba Friend

Bump

Nothing from support?

scubastevejh Friend

Any solution? i currently cant save my modules? :S

xamaba Friend

Nothing, except the response that it is a permissions issue. I tested that but no luck. The lack of a support response is starting to
    irritate me. What version of Joomla are you running? I’ve had this issue with 1.7 and now with 2.5

scubastevejh Friend

1.5 – fresh install – so its interesting straight up i cant even do what the product is intended for.

May as well get that 7 day refund no questions asked.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@xamaba 305021 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nothing, except the response that it is a permissions issue. I tested that but no luck. The lack of a support response is starting to
    irritate me. What version of Joomla are you running? I’ve had this issue with 1.7 and now with 2.5</blockquote>

Hi xamaba,

you can submit a ticket into the Ja ticket system here providing your url, the admin account and the FTP info there then let me know the ticket-id, I will have a further checking and then fix it for you.

scubastevejh Friend

<em>@xamaba 305021 wrote:</em><blockquote>Nothing, except the response that it is a permissions issue. I tested that but no luck. The lack of a support response is starting to
    irritate me. What version of Joomla are you running? I’ve had this issue with 1.7 and now with 2.5</blockquote>

any luck fixing it?
    or any luck with support?

timtecsa Friend

<em>@scubastevejh 306272 wrote:</em><blockquote>any luck fixing it?
    or any luck with support?</blockquote>

I had same issue and messages when no “Resources” selected before saving. However, on my Teline III test site the on category blog layout the images are not resized to thumbnails (60px) nor is text limited (also set to 60 characters). See http://j17.globalprintmonitor.info/index.php/en/industry-news

Tim

xamaba Friend

With the help of Tam this has finally been resolved for me. The solution worked for all my JA modules, although my file permissions were not the problem I had a very strict .htaccess file. (I am also using Akeeba Admin Tools Pro) This prevented the module from writing to the helper.php file located in the relevant module’s admin folder.

Allowing for the .htaccess exclusion all the modules worked again. If you have this issue please do not only look at file and folder permissions but also at your .htaccess file.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xamaba 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum