Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I upgraded joomla 3.3.6 to 3.6 on my wamp system after upgrading akeeba backup and admin tool. Only issue is the JA-News Featured articles are missing. the space is there. in fact, the news feature articles shows up a second then disappeared. I upgraded the JA-News Featured module and no resolve. My research pointed me to try to upgrade the T3 Framework. I have version 2.7. where would I find this newer version and would this resolve the issue? I attached two images. the one with joomla 3.3.6 is current and fine. the one with joomla 3.6 shows the missing news featured articles. thanks.

1. withJoomla336-1
    2. withJoomla360-1
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case i need to check this problem directly on your site , kindly put the site on live server , so that i can take a look on your site .

drsherlock Friend

Very sorry. I am using the wamp on my system. I do this to test first. Is it possible to give any info? When I start my localhost, the news featured article do come up for a second then disappear. I played with the JA-News Featured module and set Display Featured Articles from "Show only featured articles" to "Show". See attached image on this.

1. withJoomla360featureshow
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case i need to check this problem directly on your site , kindly put the site on live server , so that i can take a look on your site .
    PS : Do not update your site without checking the compatibility of all extension and templates with updated Joomla version .
    Regards

drsherlock Friend

That is what I have been trying to do. Much research showed other with no problems depending on the extensions and plug-ins. Question was to determine if T3 plug-ins would be the route cause or the JA-News Featured module. The JA-News Feature module is 2.6.1. Question is what else. T3 would be the other requirement to upgrade but where. thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi you can delete the T3 assets folder data and it will be auto created , but still u i suggest you to use the compatible version and wait for the official update of template for Joomla3.6.3 .
    To update the T3 plugin , you have to use JA Extension manager component .

drsherlock Friend

thank you for more input. I cleared the T3-access folder data. Still the same issue. the articles momentarily shows. I only went from 3.3.6 to 3.6 knowing the 3.6 has the security issue. I took small steps for each joomla upgrade so I can better see the difference and extension upgrade recommendations. I only did the JA-News Featured module upgrade for Joomla 3.6.0 to try to resolve this no show on the news featured articles. the News-featured is the only issue in the Joomla upgrade to 3.6 and like to resolve before I take the next step. So, are you recommending I stay with Joomla 3.3.6 for now until T3 catches up for Teline IV and the JA-News Featured module? thank you again.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am not sure which version of Joomla you have , I suggest you restore the site back up and try to update Joomla to 3.6.2 that is working fine with the template .
    Also, you can upload a test copy of the site on the live server and there u try an update of Joomla to 3.6.2 , and update all JA Extensions . I hope it does not have any issue with Joomla version and extensions .

drsherlock Friend

I had 3.3.6. it is now 3.6.2 with no issues. I also updated some extensions with announced updates. No issues. so, either I did something wrong or 3.6.0 was a problem. I updated abeeka stuff and a number of modules. Looks real good. I will backup site then restore on development system and if works seamlessly up load to live site. Should I update to Joomla 3.6.4 or wait until T3 catches up? thanks again!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    if you wan to check update , I suggest you try it on a test site and see how it goes .
    Do not update live site if you are facing any issue , or wait for official template update for Joomla 3.6.4 .

drsherlock Friend

I did update to 2.6.4 after I created a backup with 2.6.2 on my second test system. I hade to know. I tested a bit and so far no issues. Cool. I will test every page, links, and functions on my local sight. Most likely, I will take your advice to stay with 2.6.2 for my live sight for a bit for now. what do you mean official template update? are you referring to Teline IV? I made a fair amount of cosmetic code changes and a couple of other changes during the Joomla 2.5 days.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I suggested you to use Joomla 3.6.2 not 2.6.2 ?
    Official update : release of template update for Joomla 3.6.4 .
    Beside if you wish me to check your site .kindly put the site on live server , so that i can take a look on your site .

drsherlock Friend

Sorry. I meant 3.6.2. while 3.6.4 looks good, but thought you suggested to wait for the official update for the template. I mentioned my Teline IV have been cosmetically altered. Or is it the T3 framework part. Anyway, 3.6.2 is on my second test system and noticed the font is not the same as was for 3.3.6. So, I have to fix that before I upload which would allow you to help me. Looks like the upgrade changed my default font. So, are you suggesting I do 3.6.4 that appeared to be OK for you to look at it?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

If you have any big issue with Joomla 3.6.4 ? And wish me to take a look , you can share the details.

drsherlock Friend

I will let you know as soon as I fix the general font in 3.6.2.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum