Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

after this thread : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/preview-september-responsive-joomla-template-for-portfolio-ja-jason/, I have again the same question for the development team or/and the design team! When Joomla’ll create a new News dedicated template (Ja Teline V) with K2 support ???

Regard.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi,

Teline V will be released this year. This is the update from the Design head.

Regards

Arvind

dieudonne Friend

Oh oh. What a really great great new 🙂 Thank you.

And of course, if it is possible, I need 2 more info.

– K2’ll be supported ?
    – Do you have a idea of the month (oct, nov, dec). I really need to plan.

Regard.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Yes K2 will be supported, For October I think its a travel site and Nov or Dec would be Teline V. I am not sure of the 3rd one.

Regards

Arvind

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

thank for your answer.

November’ll be great !

We could migrate our website before the end of Joomla 2.5 (december 2014) 🙂

Regard.

dieudonne Friend

<em>@dieudonne 444736 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

thank for your answer.

November’ll be great !

We could migrate our website before the end of Joomla 2.5 (december 2014) 🙂

Regard.</blockquote>

Hello,

any precision about the month ?

Regard.

dieudonne Friend

<em>@drarvindc 444727 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes K2 will be supported, For October I think its a travel site and Nov or Dec would be Teline V. I am not sure of the 3rd one.

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>

Hello,

any precision about the month ?

Regard.

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

can we have some news ?

Regard.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@dieudonne 449180 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

can we have some news ?

Regard.</blockquote>
    Next month we’ll be releasing a new responsive travel template. It’s possible that JA Teline V will come out this December.

dieudonne Friend

<em>@JA Developer 449322 wrote:</em><blockquote>Next month we’ll be releasing a new responsive travel template. It’s possible that JA Teline V will come out this December.</blockquote>

Ok thank you very much for your answer.

I leave definitively because of the templates (but I keep you for the extensions).

Regard.

aardcom Friend

<em>@JA Developer 449322 wrote:</em><blockquote>Next month we’ll be releasing a new responsive travel template. It’s possible that JA Teline V will come out this December.</blockquote>

Other threads also indicated this would be out this year. That is 2014. It appears that their is a demand for TelineV but it keeps getting pushed back. Arvind mentioned this year last month, and now it’s “possible” its December. We have schedules and updates to plan but Joomlart doesn’t seem to get this. I don’t understand the logic, or lack of it. Look through the “wishlist” and there are lots of members awaiting it’s release. I am happy to hear there is another travel site coming and look forward to it’s release, but it’s been a long while for a decent news template. Teline has been a core template for many and not just for news. I’ll await to see if there is a definite release date forthcoming but if it isn’t December I have to look elsewhere. We can’t wait for Joomla 4.5 for a new version.

aardcom Friend

Answered?

Really? Seems more like ignore this thread and hope they go away.

Maybe December or possibly this year is not a valid answer. It’s a “we don’t really have a plan” or “we don’t care what you want” sort of thing. Not sure which is worse. Again not a good business model to follow.
    A scheduled release date for Dec 20th 2014 or 2016 would qualify as an acceptable answer.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@aardcom 451656 wrote:</em><blockquote>Answered?

Really? Seems more like ignore this thread and hope they go away.

Maybe December or possibly this year is not a valid answer. It’s a “we don’t really have a plan” or “we don’t care what you want” sort of thing. Not sure which is worse. Again not a good business model to follow.
    A scheduled release date for Dec 20th 2014 or 2016 would qualify as an acceptable answer.</blockquote>
    I have actually replied to another thread regarding JA Teline V status recently HERE : “The long-awaited JA Teline V is coming along smoothly, right now our JA team has already started working on it.

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

no news ?? :((

aardcom Friend

<em>@JA Developer 451703 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have actually replied to another thread regarding JA Teline V status recently HERE : “The long-awaited JA Teline V is coming along smoothly, right now our JA team has already started working on it.</blockquote>

This was also stated back in 2013. “2013”

Teline IV came out when, 2012? It’s soon to be 2015 and “soon” we will have a new template. Previously we had to wait for Joomla 2.5 to be released, which we can understand because of the changes, but 3.5 is here and Teline is started??? If something doesn’t happen it will be a December template? Really?

Seriously I don’t understand the problem. My guess is the majority of long term subscribers have used Teline in one of it’s various forms and was likely the main reason for coming to Joomlart. It’s a brilliant logical system that can be adapted to suit many other types of projects, not just for news.

The team now seems so preoccupied with flexible layouts that design element is gone. A good portfolio layout is good for a great many applications, including a store, be it a bookstore, a movie store, a photographer, an artist, a clothing business.

A good news template, is good for news, magazines, reviews, and business ( hundreds of them). Between just those 2 templates and the flexibility of Purity III most users have reason enough to stay members. Focus people, focus.

On a personal note, I can’t stand sites where I can’t find information easily. Especially true for business. So many of the new templates are simply one page of scrolling until you come upon the relevant information or link. That’s what menus are for. They also take too long to load. Think about the amount of data that has to load to see a page. Not everyone has unlimited data on their mobile phone. Why use it up loading one page or worse waiting for a page to load? I understand the ADD that may browsers suffer from. but I can assure you in business people are focused on getting to the information they want as quickly as possible. Then maybe they will continue to browse for additional info. What home page needs a list of all the company’s employees/developers? Let google index that info if it’s important to someone’s search.. Otherwise it’s a waste of space, unless you are an recruiting agency site.

Another trend here that I find disheartening is the move towards implementing paid addons ie easyblog, shopping carts etc. There are plenty of free ones out there that are both well developed and free. Better yet develop one or use Joomla’s capabilities and your developers design skills.

It seems that if you could standardize the css formating for various addon components ie K2, forums, and a shopping cart system they could then be moved from one template to another. At this point it is a start from scratch process for each template. Not only that but now K2 is all but gone from use in most of the newer templates. Great if you have another free substitute that is better, but we don’t. After years of utilizing K2 in your templates…poof….gone. Not to say it was used to the best it could be, but it was an added value for your work..

I’ll continue to wait for the Teline V release, and trust it will be worth the wait. Hopefully it includes a forum and/or a classified section and uses K2 or similar for image/video management. I was also looking forward to the travel template that has been delayed. I’ll assume that is now the Dec template and Teline will be early in the new year. Of course I won’t know until it comes out since schedules are unfortunately not relevant here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aardcom 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum