Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello all,
    I started using the JAT3 2.0 framework recently and look forward to using it for all my sites. I’ve just discovered a problem that I can’t figure out though.

All the tables necessary for adding a User to the User Manager and letting them log in are not being populated automatically. The tables are jos_core_acl_aro and jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map. If I insert rows by hand the Users show up and can log in.

This has only started happening with my JAT3 sites. Can anyone think of any reason why this might be happening? Can anyone tell me where the code is that should accomplish this? I’m not a PHP developer, but could compare the file to a functioning one if I knew which one is was.

Thanks!

korb Friend

Hi,

Please back-up your data and reinstall using the latest version. Our developers cannot reproduce this issue and strongly state that this is an user specific issue.
    Please tell us your result.

Regards,
    Danny

clgolden Friend

Thank you for checking into this issue. By reinstall, do you mean re-contruct my websites with their individual template, profiles, layouts and components (Akeeba, BreezingForms, Projectfork)?

Is it possible for me to just take a look at the files that hold the script first? Can you tell me where they are?

Also, I quite agree, this is a user issue. I found out this morning that my (local) JAT3 test site with the same components works just fine. It’s all my production sites that are giving me trouble.

clgolden Friend

Okay, here’s some useful data. I created two new local installations of the JAT3 Framework; one with sample data and one without. The installation with sample data works. The one without does not.

In addition, a local install of Joomla without sample data also works, so it’s looking like there is a glitch in the JAT3 framework.

Based on this, can someone tell me where to look to troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you.
    Christine Golden

clgolden Friend

Here’s the solution! 😀

The table jos_core_acl_aro_sections needs to have the following data in it:
    id = 10
    value = users
    order-value = 1
    name = Users
    hidden = 0

capeinfo Friend

I’ve been struggling with this problem for two days with a brand new install. The problem is still there!

Phill Moderator

Can you give me a super admin logon and phpmyadmin logon via PM so I can take a look for you? Please include a link to this thread in your PM.

capeinfo Friend

Hi Phil
    I’ve already loaded a clean Joomla install on its own and tested everything and it works fine now. And going to install T3 next – as I did on my main site after everything had been working. (I’m changing servers.)

I think the problem might be with the combined Joomla 1.5 + T3 install -in-one. I can confirm this shortly.
    Thanks
    Carl

Phill Moderator

No problem. Sometimes the database does not correctly populate. It is quite easy to fix so if you run into problems again just ask and I will see what I can do for you.

Having said that, if this is a new site then I strongly recommend you use Joomla 2.5 as support for J1.5.x is going to end very soon.

capeinfo Friend

Thanks Phill, I would love to upgrade to Joomla 2.5 but I have been using Sobi2 and SobiPro just isn’t fully ready yet… and it seems that one of Sobi2’s most important extensions isn’t going to be prepared for SobiPro, so I’m in a bit of a quandry.

The problem with my first install with quickstart was that users were not being added to jos_core_acl_aro. Loading Joomla first, adding some extra users, and then installing T3 fixed it.

I’ve come across other problems with T3, some of which I have posted elsewhere in this forum, but haven’t had responses to some of them.

Phill Moderator

Bump your other problems and I will see if I can get them looked at.

As for the quickstart, which template were you having trouble with? If I can replicate it I will get the quickstart looked at.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum