Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all

I am new to the T3 framework and I’m having a few basic problems with it. I’m using it with Joomla! 2.5 and the latest version of the framework and template.

I have installed the framework and blank template but I can’t find the local folder as shown in the manual and videos.

I am also having issues with firebug as I have never used it before. I usually create my templates in artisteer and then customise them using stylizer. The problem I’m having with firebug is that once I have made the changes to the look of my template I don’t know where to put the modifications. Do I put them straight into the template.CSS even though firebug tells me they should go into: index.php?jat3action=gzip&jat3type=css&jat3file=t3-assets%2Fcss_d56a6.css
    if it should go to the above long link where do I find it?

I got 3 websites waiting to be done and I would really like them to be adaptive so I’m really wanting to use this framework.

Many thanks for any advice and tips.

Keith

pavit Moderator

Hi

You see the css file in that format because you have the css optimization to YES in your template manager settings

When you have this setting enabled your css files optimized are stored in a folder callled T3-assets

So first you need to disable the css optimization and then make your changes to the files in templatesja_templatenamecss folder

after this, clean your jat3 cache and refresh your front end page

excalibur75 Friend

Brilliant! Thanks very much! I can now start work on my first T3 framework website!

excalibur75 Friend

can somebody tell me where I find the main CSS file? I am open toed in the template.CSS from templateroot/CSSbut it only has410 lines! Surely there must be another file for the rest of the CSS rules?

Thanks

excalibur75 Friend

sorry my above post didn’t make sense So I’m going to try again!

can somebody tell me where I find the main CSS file? I opened the template.css from mytemplatename/CSS but it only has410 lines! Surely there must be another file for the rest of the CSS rules especially as firebug says the Rules for the wrapper are on line 950 in template.css?

Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

During the development time, you can set Enable Development Mode to Yes
    <blockquote>Admin area->Extensions->Template Manager->Ja Template->Global tabs</blockquote>
    Go to front-end, using the debug tool in Google Chrome or Firefox which will enable you to detect the CSS path
    If you want to change the CSS files, please go to:
    <blockquote>templates/ja_templatename/css</blockquote>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum