Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’ve only been tinkering around for a week and I realize this is a lame question but I can’t seem to understand how the images appear on the homepage in the demo.

What module or extension needs to be set up to display there? Is it taking those images from a feed or a folder? I’ve only been working a couple days in joomla but even with all the reading and tutorials I can’t get my homepage to appear like JA Lens.

HeR0 Friend

HI Mckeej
    Did you install quickstart and sample data?
    Please provide your site link, admin account
    I shall have a look and help you out

Regards,

mckeej Friend

Yes I did but am just inexperienced with joomla and getting the quickstart functioning was the first thing I tried to do after downloading joomla. I’ll get my admin info to you. thanks

rypetry Friend

Was this ever solved? I’m having the same issue… I even changed the directory (and yes, it’s set to directory mode) for the photos and it’s not pulling any of the photos. It just shows the mask background image and no photos are being pulled. It didn’t show photos when it was installed. My installation was a quickstart with demo data installed. I’ve always had trouble configuring JA Slideshows; usually just delete them and install flash slideshows. But this one looks really nice and I would like to use it.

Thanks for replies.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Guys
    Please update file helpers/image,php 🙂

Regards,

1. jaimage.rar
    envogueagency Friend

I have the latest files and it still doesnt work on frontpage:(
    but my slideshow does work ..do i have to resize images myself?

HeR0 Friend

Hi Envogueagency
    I do not understand what you are trying to say. Please explain in details
    Regards,
    <em>@envogueagency 323549 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the latest files and it still doesnt work on frontpage:(
    but my slideshow does work ..do i have to resize images myself?</blockquote>

aijosh Friend

<em>@HeR0 322004 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Guys
    Please update file helpers/image,php 🙂

Regards,</blockquote>

hi. I am having this issue also.

I have updated the jaimage.php file with he one provided but images around or over 100kb don’t show in the slideshow

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me admin and ftp account of site you’re working on, I will have a look at this.

aijosh Friend

Thanks for responding.

It won’t be necessary again as I have found the problem and resolved it:-[ I believe.

Problem: Somehow, the extension of the pictures supplied were in capitals (i.e .JPG)

Solution: On line 415 of modulesmod_jaslideshowlitehelpers.php
    change
    [PHP]if (preg_match(“/bmp|gif|jpg|png|jpeg/”, $file) && is_file($i_f)) {[/PHP]
    to
    [PHP]if (preg_match(“/bmp|gif|jpg|png|jpeg/i”, $file) && is_file($i_f)) {[/PHP]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  aijosh 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum