Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NEW TEMPLATE RELEASES – First Impressions . . . CAN CHANGE

How many times have we waited in eager anticipation for the forthcoming JoomlArt Template release . . . wondering what it will look like, what kind of theme it will be, what color options it will have, what special features it might include, etc. And when the long awaited day arrives and that new JoomlArt Template debuts . . . our initial first glance impression may fall short of what we had so eagerly anticipated.

“It looks like another former template . . .”

“It’s not very exciting looking . . . ”

“It’s not what I was expecting . . . ”

“I’m really disappointed . . . .”

In addition to a great many positive statements we see in praise of a given Template’s debut, the above (general) comments are also some of the initial general negative reactions we sometimes see within the first several posts of the respective Template’s Member Forum Section within the first few days of a given Template’s release. I have to admit, I’ve been guilty of this as well.

What I’ve come to notice, however, is that sometimes – when we aren’t even thinking about it or when we least expect it – an idea will hit us or a particular project will be presented to us for which, ironically, the template we initially thought bland/blah and uninteresting suddenly is practically perfect for our idea and/or project. Has this happened to you? . . . It most certainly has for me – many times.

The point is – while first impressions are definitely important, they CAN often do CHANGE – which I suppose would make them second and third impressions, eh? 😉

Nevertheless, like any form of art (be it paintings, sculptures, music, poetry … and yes, website templates), initial impression/attraction to a JoomlArt Template release is completely subjective to the individual. Some may like it, some may not. The old adage that “you can’t please all of the people all of the time” is 100% applicable to the artistic creations that are JoomlArt Templates. However, as has occurred with many an individual (including myself), there may come a day in the not so distant future when that one template you felt compelled to be one of the first to lambaste in disappointment commentary within the Template’s forum section suddenly and unexpectedly becomes the perfect template for your new vision/epiphany for a website project.

So, when the next JoomlArt Template is released . . . and the next . . . and the next after that . . . and so on . . .
    before you allow yourself to succumb to the initial (often times emotion driven) urge to want to express your utter disdain and disappointment because a particular month’s template release wasn’t exactly what you were hoping for . . . try to take a deep breath and remember that it may be exactly what another member has been anxiously waiting for

. . . and maybe, just maybe, might one day be the same for you.

😎

TOM

itsnexgen Friend

I would definitely admit, its a great post expressing +ve & -ve sides..

mfcphil Friend

eloquent as ever Tom….nice read.

I’m still not fussed on this months template though 😉 I like boundaries!

TomC Moderator

<em>@mfcphil 273548 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I’m still not fussed on this months template though 😉 I like boundaries!</blockquote>
    Is this some kind of British-speak that nobody else can understand but you? . . . 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum