Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I am working on the Zite template and need assistance to add 3 module positions to the Home page.
    I use VikAppointments on the site and want to add 2 of their integrated modules and the Site Login Module.
    I am not sure exactly yet where I want to put these but likely in [position-5] to start.
    How would I go about adding these?

North West Consulting

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you share screenshot of how / where you want to put these positions?

mengler12 Friend

Hello,

Attached is the screenshot for the 2 new module positions. Also, will the template remain responsive in all devices after adding these?

1. VikAppointment-Module-Position
    Saguaros Moderator

So you mean that you want to put that module on the left side of ‘Our Services’ section?

mengler12 Friend

Yes, but not like the normal left sided positions, I want it towards the top like it shows in the screenshot,

mengler12 Friend

Hello Saguaros,

Have you had a chance to view my last message? Also, any idea when I can possibly get this done.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

This will require a bit customization for the layout, you can try this tweak:

• Create a new position called left by adding a new left into the file: root/templates/ja_zite/templateDetails.xml
    • Edit the default layout: Admin panel > Extensions > Templates > JA Zite (your default template) > Layout tab: http://prntscr.com/h24kjd

Next to the ‘default’ layout > click the edit button and change:

<block name="topsl" type="spotlight" main-inner="1">user1</block>

to:

<block name="topsl" special="left" type="spotlight" main-inner="1" specialwidth="25">left,user1</block>

Then go to the module manager section, assign your desired module to the ‘left’ position, this module will show on the left side of ‘Our services’ module then.

Remember to clear JAT3 cache also.

Regards

mengler12 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    mengler12 Friend

Hello again Saguaros,

I had a thought. Could I simply load a masshead above the "Our Services" section and then load "Search For Appointments" module into the masshead?

See the screen shot for an example. Fyi, I sent the question and screenshot to company I get the appointment extension from. e4j.com

1. Screenshot
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can follow this tip to create a new module position: https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-new-module-position-6/

mengler12 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator
    mengler12 Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I don’t see any module as your screenshot, could you share the FTP account also? and tell me the changes you added.

mengler12 Friend
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum