Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am using the ja_social template setup like this:
    content – left – right

“Outside” the right position i would like to create a new module position where i can place advertisement like banners.
    I would like to be able to place multiple banners all the way down along the side of the website this way. This is what you typically see in online newspapers for advertisement.

Is this possible to do this in the ja_social template, and if so can you please guide me how to do this ?

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, it’s possible but this customization will take time. The basic idea is that you need to create a new module position and assign your own advertisement module to this new module position. Then add style for it.

Here are some references:

– Layout of JAT3 framework: http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Layouts

– How to create a new module position: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-new-module-position-6/

nettemor Friend

Perfect, thank you 🙂

nettemor Friend

Ok, this was harder than i thought :-[

I managed to create the module, but…..
    It will not show up, probably cause of the width of the template. Its supposed to be added as an addition to the end, but i cant figure out how to do this. I managed to create two other modules “within the template frame” and these shows up, so its probably because of the structure.
    I think i will probably have to use the already existing right position unless anyone here has done this same thing and would like to share ?.

Saguaros Moderator

Yes, this customization will take time, at this moment, you can use the right position instead 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum