Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    The challenge is to have the logo (formerly Teline III) change according to which SECTION the user goes to. I have 4 or 5 logos I want to use – one for each section.

Please advise. How can we do this?

I understand that we need to make a new position and have it call a module that can be assigned to one section or another… but I am guessing.

How many new modules do I need to make (one for each logo I want to place?)?

Maybe you could provide instructions. Thank you so much.

Stephen

kimberley Friend

Idid like this:

<blockquote>1. in Templatedetails.xml add your positions ex.
    <position>logo1</position>
    <position>logo2</position>
    and so on..

2. add in header.php (folder templates/ja_teline_iii/layouts/blocks/header.php)

<h1 class=”logo”>
    <div class=”module_logo1″><jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”logo1″ /></div>
    <div class=”module_logo2″><jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”logo2″ /></div>
    <a href=”index.php” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>

</h1>

3. and in templates/ja_teline_iii/css/templates.css i added css for every logo like this.

div.module_logo1
    {
    position: absolute;
    top: 22px; /* position */
    left: 15px; /*position*/
    z-index: 2;
    }

div.module_logo1
    {
    position: absolute;
    top: 22px; /* position */
    left: 15px; /*position*/
    z-index: 2;
    }</blockquote>

and then you need to go to module manager and add the logos and choose postion and what pages it should show on. and you need to add _logo1 in Module Class Suffix and for logo2 you add _logo2 and so on

as i am not a coder is maybe soemthing easier.

warm regards Kimberley

filmlover7 Friend

Hi Kimberley,
    Thank you. I will try this.
    Did you test it? Does it change when you go to each section?

Much appreciated. Thanks again;)

filmlover7 Friend

Hi Kimberley,
    I got the logo to show up! And I made a html module using the “Custom Module” . when you made the changes did it effect the way navigation works?
    How do I take out the Logo that wants to be there (Teline III)?
    Stephen
    😎

filmlover7 Friend

😀 We got it!!
    Thank you so much. Everything is cool except the site text name (oris it logo text?) is still in this position and I don’t know how to turn it off.

Thank you again.

kimberley Friend

lets se if i understand you.

You want to show a diffrent logo on diffrent pages right? if that is the case then you add your logo1 in a module and chose the page to show on. and logo2 to sho on another page and so on.

Oh i forgotte in explanation before, you need to add _logo1 in Module Class Suffix and for logo2 you add _logo2

sorry for that.

kimberley Friend

<em>@filmlover7 169638 wrote:</em><blockquote>:D We got it!!
    Thank you so much. Everything is cool except the site text name (oris it logo text?) is still in this position and I don’t know how to turn it off.

Thank you again.</blockquote>

the text of the logo? click show title to NO in module.

filmlover7 Friend

I think i have them set that way, but the main title text still shows in the header.

kimberley Friend

Go to Extensions > Template Manager > click on your template > on the right remove slogan text and then save.

Warm regards kimberley

gazoline Friend

Kimberly,

I don’t know if that is correct: in my case, if I remove slogan from template configuration, in frontend, below site name is a text lile: “SITE SLOGAN” …

filmlover7 Friend

Hi again Kimberley,

Thanks again for this module tip! I have started to change to teline iii v2 and I am wondering if I have to recreate these steps of making new modules, or is there a new feature in T3 or Teline iii v2 that would do the same thing?
    Warm regards,
    Stephen

filmlover7 Friend

Ok! I am truly impressed by the T3 framework layout features! Terrific work JooklArtists!

Thank you.
    I have not even scratched the surface of its power yet, but I can see there are amazing features!:D:D:D

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  filmlover7 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum